PDA

View Full Version : Fast pass + and California Grill- Not a happy camper

Katzateer
10-31-2013, 09:20 AM
I was really excited to get my email about signing up for fast pass plus.

So far-

I can link my park hopper but not my husbands so I was only able to get fast pass times for me not him. He won't be that upset since he isnt a fan of Toy Story Mania but he will be disappointed if he can't get one for Peter Pan when we arrive.

If you get fast passes and end up not going into the park that day- you won't automaticly have a day taken off your pass without entering the park? Do you need to let them know you aren't using the fast passes you chose for that day?

If the weather is not great we may change our plans and not go into the parks the days we are planning ahead for.

If our girls were still little and my MIL was still going with us, this seems like it would have been impossible to do all this planning ahead.:(

Katzateer
10-31-2013, 09:29 AM
And......I have gotten several calls about our California Grill seating. I was told to call back and when I have tried, was told to leave a message. The last call I got, the cast member said CG was not going to be open the night I had the seating so I needed to reschedule. :thedolls:

I called the first available day I could, why NOW are they canceling the seating?. I am just not going to even try to rebook- this is way too much trouble. Going to CG has been a tradition for many years but I am so over it. Not working this hard to pay the big bucks.

Feeling frustrated about this trip and am not going to plan ahead anymore- will just plan the rest as we go when we get there.

Ms. Mode
10-31-2013, 10:12 AM
You may want to call the number posted on MDE to make sure you and your DH are linked on the Friends and Family section. I had my DH, DD and SIL all posted and DH and SIL were showing up twice. I was told that the system would not work until that was cleared up and they helped me do that. After that everything linked up great. :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
10-31-2013, 11:17 AM
You may want to call the number posted on MDE to make sure you and your DH are linked on the Friends and Family section. I had my DH, DD and SIL all posted and DH and SIL were showing up twice. I was told that the system would not work until that was cleared up and they helped me do that. After that everything linked up great. :thumbsup:
:ditto:
We had EXACTLY the same problem. One call and it was all sorted out.

Pirate Granny
10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Probably CG is being rented out for an entire night for a group...that's the only reason I could see why they would bump you...If it's a tradition, I would call and see what other arrangements that could make for you.

Katzateer
10-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions but I don't think calling will get his old 10 day hopper to link up to our reservations. It is older and no numbers to match what they need. The only reason mine worked is because I had it updated in April so I could use the new entrance machines into the parks.

And I have played phone tag with CG reservations for days. I think I am over wanting to go.

If you want to just get dessert in the bar/lounge area can you just go the night you want as a walk - in?

SBETigg
10-31-2013, 03:53 PM
If you want to just get dessert in the bar/lounge area can you just go the night you want as a walk - in?

Not if it's closed for a private party. And this can be hit or miss at CG. If the bar has seats open, they will allow it and you can even eat a full meal there, but sometimes there are no seats open.

Katzateer
10-31-2013, 06:16 PM
I wasn't going to try it for the night they cancelled on me- thanks! I may try when we get there for just a dessert since our other nights are booked. Dessert is fine with me- I just wanted to see the remodeling and hopefully try one of the new desserts.