PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band sizing

lawgirl
10-30-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm worried that the band will be too big for my wrist as I have small wrists, and can wear kids bracelets usually.

Anyone have any info on the bands?

Also, for my 3YO, is it a kids size bracelet? I wonder if I could order a kids size for myself...

VWL Mom
10-30-2013, 02:56 PM
It is a tear away type band. One size for all but you can tear off part of the band to make it fit a small wrist.

PopPhan
10-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Somewhere in these threads, there is a comment that states that the outside (grey) part of the band can be removed to make it smaller, or kids sized.

What size MagicBands are available?
Making a Disney Magicband smallerThere is only one size available but it is supposed to fit on the wrists of 95 percent of guests. Kids and those with small wrists can peel away part of the band to make it smaller.

From a different article...

The MagicBand is made of a soft vinyl plastic material making it really easy to put on – it feels very similar to a plastic watch band. One surprising factor about the band is the range of size it can accommodate. I have fairly large wrists and there are still four or five holes available to make it larger. On the opposite spectrum, it is very easy to make the band smaller. There is an option to remove the outer layer of plastic and use only the inside band. There are instructions in the inside of the band, however you cannot add the outside piece back on so it’s important to be sure that you want it shortened before you do so.

There were photos with these articles, but I cannot post them, or the link to them here.

You can Google "Magic Band Sizing" and find more info and pics.....

Maggie T
10-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Ours had many holes on one end and the other end had the rubber snaps that fit into the holes. No problem with them they adjust to about any size

Kenny1113
10-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes the above information is correct, the grey piece can be torn away. Did it for DS9, contemplating doing it for my band.

lawgirl
10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Awesome info. Thanks so much! I figured there was some way it had to be adjustable!

Disney Goof
10-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Just an FYI, once you peel off the band to make it smaller you cannot put it back on. So make sure that the holes would match up first. This is something that a CM told us.
:mickey:

mechanic
10-30-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't like wearing any kind of bracelet. Any reason I can't just carry in pocket?

lawgirl
10-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Do you want the band? Or couldn't you just request the magic card instead? I like wearing a watch and bracelets, and it seems like it will be alot more convenient and easier to keep up with, for me at least.

faline
10-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Do you want the band? Or couldn't you just request the magic card instead?

Cards are going away and will not be an option.

gueli
10-31-2013, 05:54 AM
I don't like wearing any kind of bracelet. Any reason I can't just carry in pocket?

of course you can carry it. You need it for entering the parks, for rides that you have FP+ , entering your resort room and for purchases that you charge to your room.

Also to the OP,
inside the box that the Magic bands come in, there is an instruction sheet that tells you how to size the magic bands (showing where you can pull the grey part from the rest of the band.
Happy travels
:mickey:

cer
10-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Do you want the band? Or couldn't you just request the magic card instead? I like wearing a watch and bracelets, and it seems like it will be alot more convenient and easier to keep up with, for me at least.

You need to ask if this is an option. Some are saying 'no cards', but I think that a card option will still be available, just the old fastpass option where you insert a card into a machine and get a paper fastpass will not be available any longer. Everyone will have to make fastpass reservations via fastpass plus.

It is definitely worth asking the question...

lawgirl
10-31-2013, 09:37 AM
From the Disney website:
"Guests participating in MyMagic+ always have the option to use a card instead of a MagicBand. Guests can also choose whether to use their RF Device to make purchases at select Resort locations."