PDA

View Full Version : Another Fatspass+ question

thesplashmountaineer
10-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Let's say I have four Fastpass+ for Test Track but only 2 members of my party want to ride it. Can they ride it twice using the 4 fastpass+???

thanks

Strmchsr
10-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I suppose it would be possible if you had their magic band.

Maggie T
10-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes BUT your FP would not be any good for that ride. You Can use thiers if they are close by. Your allotted FP was used. If the time you reserved is still active then you can use their FP if you have their magic band. If that fast pass for them is not used they do not loose it. They can get another fp. Remember everybody gets 3 FP a day. Anybody can use anybody's FP

Goofy4TheWorld
10-30-2013, 05:00 PM
You can do this ONLY if you take someone's band (or RFID plastic ticket) with you through the FP line.

There are two checkpoints where you scan you MagicBand to redeem a FastPass:

1) At the very beginning of the FP entrance you scan your band (primarily making sure you are within your time slot)

and

2) Right at the end of the FP line where you merge with the regular line (or if the attraction does not merge FP and Standby lines, right at the point before you entered the last leg of the line.

The second scan validates that someone did not sneak from the Standby line over to the FP line, and so to use someone else's FP+ reservation you have to have their band well inside the FP line, so you just can't grab the person to scan their band on the outside, you will need it again on the inside.

Disney Goof
10-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Be prepared if you use someone elses band to respond to their name. We were there last week and everytime we scanned the band the CM would say, "Thanks, so and so, you can go through".

WDWdriver
10-31-2013, 08:04 AM
You can do this ONLY if you take someone's band (or RFID plastic ticket) with you through the FP line.

I'm not trying to be a grinch here, but technically the bands are not transferable. The CMs would not be pleased to see you using someone else's MB.

Strmchsr
10-31-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm not trying to be a grinch here, but technically the bands are not transferable. The CMs would not be pleased to see you using someone else's MB.

Thanks for the official policy, Ron. I tell you, I'm not happy with the FP+ at all. Way too restrictive and taking a lot of the fun out of a Disney vacation. I think Disney has really blown it on this one - only 3, only on-site guests get (read - have to) to plan in advance, can't share a FP if someone decides they don't want to ride, and I could go on and on. I think the old system worked just fine. I'm not a grump about good change, but this is not good change. Like the magic bands, hate FP+.

Katzateer
10-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the official policy, Ron. I tell you, I'm not happy with the FP+ at all. Way too restrictive and taking a lot of the fun out of a Disney vacation. I think Disney has really blown it on this one - only 3, only on-site guests get (read - have to) to plan in advance, can't share a FP if someone decides they don't want to ride, and I could go on and on. I think the old system worked just fine. I'm not a grump about good change, but this is not good change. Like the magic bands, hate FP+.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree! :thumbsup::mickey:

WDWdriver
10-31-2013, 10:33 AM

I don't disagree, Chris. The Magic Band concept will probably turn out to be fine for park admission, meal and merchandise payment, Photo Pass, etc. But a total replacement of legacy FP with FP+ may not work well for Disney guests. In addition to the limitations that you listed, there is another problem that is beginning to become apparent as more than half of our guests are using the Magic Bands for Fast Pass. It turns out that checking FP return times on the old paper FPs is much quicker than the scanning of wristbands at the sensor posts. In a typical scenario a family of perhaps six people would arrive at the ride entrance, and Dad would have all six FPs in his hand. A quick look at the top one by the CM and everyone in the group is on their way. But now each person has to hold the MB up to the reader and wait for the green light. This can often require several attempts to position the MB just right. The process has to be repeated later at the Merge position. So we are now starting to see lengthy backups at the FP entrance and in the queue. This will only get worse when the legacy FPs go away and the only option is MBs or RFID cards. And here's a scary thought - what will happen when a Brazilian tour group of 120 teens arrive to scan their MBs? Yikes!

magicofdisney
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't disagree, Chris. The Magic Band concept will probably turn out to be fine for park admission, meal and merchandise payment, Photo Pass, etc. But a total replacement of legacy FP with FP+ may not work well for Disney guests. In addition to the limitations that you listed, there is another problem that is beginning to become apparent as more than half of our guests are using the Magic Bands for Fast Pass. It turns out that checking FP return times on the old paper FPs is much quicker than the scanning of wristbands at the sensor posts. In a typical scenario a family of perhaps six people would arrive at the ride entrance, and Dad would have all six FPs in his hand. A quick look at the top one by the CM and everyone in the group is on their way. But now each person has to hold the MB up to the reader and wait for the green light. This can often require several attempts to position the MB just right. The process has to be repeated later at the Merge position. So we are now starting to see lengthy backups at the FP entrance and in the queue. This will only get worse when the legacy FPs go away and the only option is MBs or RFID cards. And here's a scary thought - what will happen when a Brazilian tour group of 120 teens arrive to scan their MBs? Yikes!

:down: