PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Rooms

bshaw96
10-28-2013, 09:10 PM
For our next trip we have decided to book 2 rooms for our family of 5 instead of a suite. Will this be treated as 2 reservations requiring 2 deposits? Also, I know they can't promise adjoining rooms but they can adjacent? Correct?

Pirate Granny
10-28-2013, 10:42 PM
If the kiddos are under 18, I believe they will guarantee connecting rooms.

faline
10-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Yes. You will have two reservations if you have two rooms. I believe you can designate your reservations as "traveling with" and request connecting or adjoining rooms. Connecting rooms have an interior door that allows travel between both rooms without exiting one room to get to the next. Adjoining rooms abut each other but do not have an interior door that allows you to get from one to the other.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-29-2013, 08:07 AM
The Company line is that there are NO guarantees at all, not for adjoining or for connecting, no matter your circumstances.

Now in reality I have not heard of too many people in your circumstance saying they did not get their request, especially if the kids outnumbered the adults, but occasionally there are some people that DO NOT get either a connecting door or and adjacent room, and occasionally you will find people who were forced into entirely different buildings and parents have to split up! I am sure that only occurs when Disney over-books a resort or for an unforeseen issue that takes a chunk of rooms out of inventory, but it does happen. I also believe that Disney does this on purpose so that people who want to have the comfort of that guarantee will book a suite, a deluxe, or a villa.

Final word, Disney guarantees that you will be at the same resort, and nothing more.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Yes, it is two reservations, and requires two deposits.

We've done this a number of times when travelling with Mom, and despite linking reservations and making the request for connect rooms, we've NEVER received them. We have had adjoining rooms most times, and if not just a room or two down the hall, but I've always found it interesting about the connecting rooms. So no, no matter what they say, it isn't guaranteed.

disneymom15
10-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Yes, it is two reservations, and requires two deposits.

We've done this a number of times when travelling with Mom, and despite linking reservations and making the request for connect rooms, we've NEVER received them. We have had adjoining rooms most times, and if not just a room or two down the hall, but I've always found it interesting about the connecting rooms. So no, no matter what they say, it isn't guaranteed.

We've done this a number of times also, and have always gotten our request. When we made the request, we were staying in the value resorts.

bshaw96
10-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Thank you. It's dh and I. The kids at travel will be 16, 13, and 3. We are staying at POP, but may upgrade depending on any discounts that come out as we plan to buy APs next trip. But assuming we do stay at POP, it would be the 16 and 13 year old Ina room. So while they are old enough they don't need to be right under us, don't want them on the other side of the resort either. ��

Goofy4TheWorld
10-29-2013, 03:36 PM
So while they are old enough they don't need to be right under us, don't want them on the other side of the resort either. ��

WooHoo! Party in suite number two!

:party:

etibbetts
10-30-2013, 12:17 PM
We've requested connecting rooms for our last 5 trips (5 adults, 2 children) and have always received them (3x at Pop, 1x AOA, 1x CBR).

When we were there last month we didn't like the location of our room and they moved us and still had no problem getting us connecting rooms. If for some reason you don't get them, be sure to speak up and ask if they can check if anything else is open.

bshaw96
10-30-2013, 02:35 PM
WooHoo! Party in suite number two!

:party:

EXACTLY!
:mickey::number1::party::funny::