PDA

View Full Version : Last Two Weeks of August

Lizzie
10-28-2013, 03:00 PM
What are the crowds like the last two weeks of August? Looking at other options for future trips.

andypooh
10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I'd say WDW never really is "slow" anymore, but late August was great for us this past summer and we are going the last week in August in 2014

It's hot and we got a thunderstorm or a little bit more almost daily, but it was never too bad. It's also great pool weather which our DS4 and DS7 love

Overall, I'd say it is a great time to go unless you are easily bothered by the heat

rjmdds
10-28-2013, 04:10 PM
We are trying the last of August 2014 for the first time. We are usually either April or November/December travelers to the World. With our daughter now in middle school, that is getting harder to do. So last week of August it is. From what we have heard, aside from the heat, it is a great time to go .

SBETigg
10-28-2013, 04:17 PM
It's a good time to go, the closer to the end of August, the fewer the crowds. But the heat is pretty stifling, moreso than other months from what I've found. Stay hydrated and get out of the sun as much as you can in the early afternoon hours.

Lizzie
10-28-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't mind heat. We are early risers and like to head back to the hotel for a swim and a nap. It's the crowds we aren't big fans of.

But also wondering if any deals are offered that time period.

Aurora
10-28-2013, 05:31 PM
We used to go only in August when I was a teenager with my family because that's the only time my dad could take a vacation. It was hot, hot, hot, but we loved the heat and the brief daily thunderstorms.

I wish I could go at that time again, but my kids start school in mid-August now, with football practices starting at the beginning of the month. Someday...

faline
10-28-2013, 06:30 PM
We were there from August 20th - 28th this year. I found the crowds to be higher than I was expecting and have experienced at this time of year during past visits. I'm not sure if it's a general trend or just an aberration.

Ms. Mode
10-29-2013, 09:08 AM
We always went mid-late August because of our DD being in school too. That was before they changed the school schedule, now they start school really early in August and people just take their kids out for vacation whenever they want. My Dd would flip her lid if we tried to make her miss school. :confused:

azcavalier
10-29-2013, 09:17 AM
That's when we took our trip this year. It seems to be pretty good, crowd-wise, because most everyone in the nation has just started school, and aren't about to take off the first week or two of school for a trip. In our case, the start of school was pushed back until after Labor Day, so we took advantage of it.

The heat and humidity really wasn't bad at all. We did get a thunderstorm daily for the first few days, but we had usually left the park by then and were relaxing back at the resort. Once it was over, we'd head out for dinner and an evening of fun!

pox24
10-29-2013, 10:17 AM
We live here in south Florida and do at least 4 visits a year. We avoid July and August at all costs. Very crowded and Africa hot, even for us native Floridians.

bruin1344
10-29-2013, 01:00 PM
I went late Aug 2008 and the crowds were manageable except for the waterparks. The waterparks were crowded.

yjgirl32
10-29-2013, 03:05 PM
We will be there in late August/early Sept. Have gone at this time two other times, wasnt too bad. Hot, but we didnt mind. Hope we have good weather and crowds. Also hoping for a good deal.