PDA

View Full Version : Hanging man

mickclub1955
10-28-2013, 01:41 PM
How many times did you go on The Haunted Mansion before you realized there was a man hanging in the stretching room when the lights go out? I am always amazed at the number of people who never realize this when we go on and tell everyone to look up when the lights go out.:witch::bat::hmghost::bat::witch:

kakn7294
10-28-2013, 04:18 PM
So many people are in such a hurry to get on the rides that they never take the time to notice the little things. We like to hang back and let everyone else exit the preshow rooms when we can.

SBETigg
10-28-2013, 05:02 PM
I noticed it on my first time, freaked me out so much. I was just a kid. But yeah, a lot of people are so busy looking around and then heading for the door. Hard to miss for me, but I guess people do. Oh, now I have a wicked urge to be in the Haunted Mansion!

Aurora
10-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Saw it my first time, but I also was a kid and it was at Disneyland.

I swear that part has been shortened. I remember years ago being in the dark for a few more seconds and looking up because of the lightning. I think people just don't even have the chance to glance up anymore before the lights come back on and the doors slide open so quickly.

Giggy
10-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Have definitely noticed it before but not sure when I first noticed it. I remember seeing it in at least one of 2010 or 2004 but can't comment on earlier visits. Our visits are always a few years apart which has the one positive that sometimes I forget one of the surprises so it then surprises me the next time! :crazy:

#1donaldfan
10-29-2013, 02:35 PM
I had been on that ride "a million times" before I noticed it !!! I learned about it here on INTERCOT !! I am certain I miss a lot of things, but I am learning !!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-29-2013, 03:23 PM
This has been on my mind since yesterday. In fact, I am sitting at my desk trying to finish some revisions on a manuscript. But in my head, I am standing under the hanging man with thunder cracking, "there's always my way out..." Thanks for the mental vacation! Who's standing next to me?

kakn7294
10-29-2013, 04:35 PM
this has been on my mind since yesterday. In fact, i am sitting at my desk trying to finish some revisions on a manuscript. But in my head, i am standing under the hanging man with thunder cracking, "there's always my way out..." thanks for the mental vacation! Who's standing next to me?

me!!!

MrPeetrie
10-29-2013, 05:28 PM
I first saw it at Disneyland as a kid the first time we rode attraction.

It may be just me, but the effect seems much better since the refurb.

linedropper
10-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Does anyone remember being at the Haunted mansion ride when you walked down the hallway that seemed to get smaller and smaller? Then the door opened and you headed into the ride?

mickclub1955
10-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Does anyone remember being at the Haunted mansion ride when you walked down the hallway that seemed to get smaller and smaller? Then the door opened and you headed into the ride?

Is that the HM at DL. I know you walk down the passageway with the pictures in it on the right and the windows on the left. You ride through this part at WDW's HM.

buzznwoodysmom
10-29-2013, 10:21 PM
So many people are in such a hurry to get on the rides that they never take the time to notice the little things. We like to hang back and let everyone else exit the preshow rooms when we can.

This is what we usually do as well. When my boys were little I hated the idea of them getting squished in a crowd or getting separated from us so we always just hung back and let those in a hurry ahead of us. Now I guess it's just habit.

We noticed the hanging man the very first time we did the attraction.

Main Street Jim
10-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Where do people think that the scream in the stretch room is coming from...? Just a "random scream"?

The gentleman hung himself in the foyer because his bride threw herself out of the attic window.

Arielfan98
10-29-2013, 11:03 PM
It's not so much I didn't see it, but more like I didn't understand it as a child until I was older.

EJS-Houston
10-30-2013, 11:30 AM
This has been on my mind since yesterday. In fact, I am sitting at my desk trying to finish some revisions on a manuscript. But in my head, I am standing under the hanging man with thunder cracking, "there's always my way out..." Thanks for the mental vacation! Who's standing next to me?

Me too! :hmghost:

EJS-Houston
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM

I really don't remember that. Could that have been at Disneyland and not Disneyworld?

cer
10-30-2013, 12:12 PM

Sounds very much like Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...:blush:

#1donaldfan
10-30-2013, 12:55 PM

I'm there every day !! Work interferes with my Disney time every single day !:cool:

whitney37354
10-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Did not know about the hanging man. I'll look for it on my next trip, June 2015! I won't tell DD, we barely get her on the ride as it is.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2013, 01:51 PM
I never knew, I'll be looking next trip:mickey:

Cheshire_Girl
10-31-2013, 11:44 AM
This is my favorite part of the stretching room...I don't know why.
Everytime I go I half expect him to be gone and be told it was becuase "it was not politically correct to depict suicide"...
I hope that never happens, but heck, they removed the part of the Tiki Room song about the lady making hats out of the birds...

ANG
10-31-2013, 02:19 PM
HM is my favorite ride. I noticed the man on my first time there. Mostly because I was so fascinated by the portraits and I never looked down.

crltkcagle
11-06-2013, 04:26 PM
I will be honest... I probably went about 25 times before I noticed it! My husband was talking about it one day and I told him he was crazy. Sure enough on our next trip I looked up and there the guy was!