PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Speedway and Parasailing

mickclub1955
10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Okay, if this is in the wrong forum, please move. I know that these are not in a Theme Park. My DW is turning the Big #0 (blocked out for obvious reasons ;)) the day we arrive and she wants to ride in a race car. I heard you don't need a reservation if you just show up and have an experienced driver drive you around the track. Is this true and has anyone done this? Also, if you parasail should you wear a bathing suit or do they just pull you back into the boat? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. She is becoming the daredevil :thedolls: in her old age.

cer
10-28-2013, 11:19 AM
We were scheduled to do the parasailing on our last trip, but their boat broke and we couldn't do it. I did all the research on it and we were completely prepared.

All that to say, you can parasail in your street clothes. You launch from the back of the boat and you return to the back of the boat.

Also, I found a coupon for 15% off. I will p.m. you where to find it.

cer
10-28-2013, 11:29 AM
OK, the coupon I was referring to expires at the end of the year. I hope it will work for your time, if not, keep your eye out they may be issuing a new one.

Also, the Sammy Duval website also has discounts, so look there, too.

mickclub1955
10-28-2013, 11:32 AM
We are going in Jan. But thank you so much for the coupon. I will keep checking that website for any updates. Sorry you didn't get to go. I figured they wouldn't get you wet because of the bacteria in the water but had to ask.

VWL Mom
10-28-2013, 02:20 PM
I figured they wouldn't get you wet because of the bacteria in the water but had to ask.

They have other watersports in the water there such as wake boarding, water-skiing, and rafting so I don't think that's the reason.

The site seems a bit contradictory IMO, they say you can wear street clothes but they do make you wear a life jacket parasailing so I'm thinking there is a slim chance that she will get wet.

WDWFanatic
10-28-2013, 02:56 PM
MY family did the Richard Petty drive along experience. We went during our April break and we didn't need a reservation. But I believe you can make them day of or day before to make sure you get in. Also if you go to their website or facebook page you can also get discounts for that.

While it was fun it's not something I would do again. More thrill on a roller coaster in my opinion, but by DH is a pretty fast New England driver :cool:

The hardest part was actually getting to it, the parking attendants kept sending us in circles, lol.

Another really fun thing we did was the underground tour and Behind the Seeds. Both really interesting and Behind the Seeds was very affordable by Disney standards ;).

Have a great vacation!

PETE FROM NYC
10-28-2013, 05:38 PM
They have other watersports in the water there such as wake boarding, water-skiing, and rafting so I don't think that's the reason.

The site seems a bit contradictory IMO, they say you can wear street clothes but they do make you wear a life jacket parasailing so I'm thinking there is a slim chance that she will get wet.

A life jacket is just common sense for anyone on the water.
I say this as a lfe long boater/fisherman.

mickclub1955
10-28-2013, 06:59 PM
M

The hardest part was actually getting to it, the parking attendants kept sending us in circles, lol.

they were preparing you for the race track!!! :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
10-29-2013, 10:53 PM
they were preparing you for the race track!!! :thumbsup:Not that hard to get to it if you're driving yourself :)

Head through the toll booth at MK parking, and stay in the left lane. The race track will be on your left. Follow the track around until you see a "driveway" with a guard shack (on the west end/corner of the track, before you get to the Car Care center). Drive up to the shack and let them you know you want to 1) go in and just check things out (there's a "welcome center" with souvenirs, and you can get to pit road and watch the race cars), or 2) you're going in to participate.

Doesn't cost any extra to just go in and watch or to visit the welcome center.

The Web site for RPDE is http://www.drivepetty.com . It will have all the info on the different levels of "experiences".

Ride-alongs do not require reservations; walk-ups are accepted. Driving experiences do require reservations.

P.S. A few of the guys that are instructors/drivers there actually race real race cars where my dad races (Orlando Speedworld, across Orlando on SR 50).