PDA

View Full Version : New Flavors Coming to "Club Cool" at EPCOT

Main Street Jim
10-27-2013, 01:43 PM
From an article:

Is there a certain soda at Club Cool that you absolutely love? Well, you may want to go and get one last taste (of what’s left) before new flavors appear next Wednesday October 30, 2013. A couple of “favorites” will be sticking around though…here’s a look at the new line up:

Fanta Pineapple: With more than 90 distinct flavors available in more than 180 countries, Fanta made its European debut in the 1940′s and was introduced to the USA in 1960. Fanta Pineapple is caffeine-free and features a sweet pineapple taste.

VegitaBeta: Originally launched in Japan in 1992, VegitaBeta is a non-carbonated beverage with apricot and passion fruit flavors and is rich in beta-carotene that contributes to its unique orange color. (Currently Available)

Fanta (Melon Frosty): This is the number one soft drink of Thailand. With a fun melon flavor, this carbonated beverage is beloved in Thailand’s sunny, tropical climate.

Bibo: Originally created in 1998, Bibo is a fruit flavored line of juice drinks popular in South Africa. The brand features fun characters such as Johnny Orange, Taka Strawberry, and Paolo Peach.

Sparberry: A raspberry flavored cream soda, Sparberry launched in Africa in 1955. It is exclusively available in several countries in southeast Africa.

Guarana Kuat: This is a guarana berry flavored soft drink first launched in Brazil in 1997. The word guarana comes from the Guarani word guna, which translates to ‘fruit like the eyes of the people.”

Inca Kola: Known as “The Taste of Peru,” Inca Kola has an unusually sweet fruity flavor that many compare to the taste of liquid bubblegum, The name refers to the Quechua words for king and queen.

Beverly (Staying): With its bitter flavor, it is a popular non-alcoholic aperitif that is a traditional part of Italian refreshment culture. (Currently Available)

These flavors are only available in the United States at Epcot and World of Coca-Cola attractions in Atlanta and Las Vegas. Club Cool will continue toe “Magical Moment” of recognizing the first tasting/testers of the day.

Going away from Club Cool will be Smart Watermelon, Kinley Lemon, Fanta Colita, Lift Apple, Mezzo Mix, and Krest Ginger Ale. Unfortunately, most of these are already out of stock and are not going to be replenished in time for you to say goodbye… THEY ARE GONE FOREVER.

I thought that VegitaBeta was already there as well <?>...

Niecyboo
10-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Nooo! They have been out of Mezzo mix for the last 4 months and finally got it back just this week. Now it's going to go away forever? I'm not a big "fruity soda" drinker (except for the Apple, which is also leaving) so I guess I won't be stopping here as often.

Capt_redshirt
10-27-2013, 03:15 PM
they had mezzo mix last week but it was out quickly but there were so many empty options

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-27-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm actually really glad to hear this ... I wasn't a fan of the other flavours, but some of these sounds rather good.

Pop Centurion
10-27-2013, 03:46 PM
The Vegitabeta has been there and it's not bad but I wouldn't be sad to see it go. Now, Mezzo Mix, Smart, & Lift were my 3 favorite so I'm not happy at all. :mad: The Mellon Frosty & Sparberry are the only two that sound interesting.
Also, even though the majority of us don't like Beverly, it's only right to keep it so we can continue to trick unsuspecting friends/family. :secret:

Zawadi
10-27-2013, 03:53 PM
The Vegitabeta has been there and it's not bad but I wouldn't be sad to see it go. Now, Mezzo Mix, Smart, & Lift were my 3 favorite so I'm not happy at all. :mad: The Mellon Frosty & Sparberry are the only two that sound interesting.
Also, even though the majority of us don't like Beverly, it's only right to keep it so we can continue to trick unsuspecting friends/family. :secret:

Some of the new flavours sound interesting.

Glad that the Beverly is staying. It was the only one that I liked !!

Terra
10-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Well boo, Mezzo Mix is my favorite. I'll have to give the others a whirl. Hope I find a new fav! :)

I was wondering what was up with all the empty ones when I went a few weeks ago.

snowflakegirl
10-27-2013, 05:58 PM
I will miss the MezzoMix and the Krest, but I'm looking forward to trying a couple of those new ones.

andypooh
10-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Which is the Israel one?

ANG
10-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Is there a link for the article? I'd love to share it

Main Street Jim
10-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Sent ya a PM with the link, ANG, since I'm not permitted to post it here :thumbsup:

Oh, and by the way...Beverly is my *favorite*.

:)

Main Street Jim
10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Which is the Israel one?That would be the Beverly.

goofygirl67
10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
I thought the Beverly was Italy. I love the vegitbeta, I always get some when I go. The Sparberry sounds good though.

Altair
10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Beverly is from Italy and I think that joke has run it's course. :sick:

Arielfan98
10-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Why??? Why??? the pain :sadwave: I love getting the watermelon soda from China....it's a part of my childhood. So they decide to keep the Beverly :sick: but not my beloved watermelon soda?? :angry:

And on a more calm note, this article claims all these sodas are only available in the US at Club Cool, yet I see Inca Cola in some super markets near me and I have Peruvian friends that live down the street that get their supply from these markets. I love the taste of inca cola :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
10-28-2013, 12:28 PM
I love that place !! It's always fun to stop in and sample a few free drinks !!:thumbsup:

Gator
10-28-2013, 04:24 PM
No Watermelon Soda?!?! That's a bummer. I loved that drink. I'd stop by going in and out of the parks to get some. Hopefully the Melon Frosty is a good replacement.

Cheshire_Girl
10-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Noooooooooooo
What Will I do with no watermelon soda??
I always hit Club Cool, cuz its a happenin place to hang, and grab me a watermelon soda before I hit the rest ofthe park. Anyone else going to miss this one?
I've been going to the park pretty regularly for the last 2 yrs, and this is the first time they have changed the samples. Anyone know when the last time they did it was?

Ms. Mode
10-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Nope, but I bet they will keep Beverly :sick:

mechanic
10-31-2013, 06:06 PM
One of the new flavors is melon based? Isn't it?
Pineapple sounds good too.
Mostly I misd the ice station theme.

Kairi_7378
10-31-2013, 08:53 PM
A few summers ago I got to visit the World of Coca Cola in Atlanta, where they have a very large tasting room with many flavors of Coke products (at least 60 were available to taste.) I am glad that some of these other flavors are going to be available for tasting at WDW. I am not sure why the Beverly is being kept in the rotation, though.

seanyred
10-31-2013, 11:19 PM
The Fanata Pineapple is the only new one I'm disappointed about being introduced. Mainly becaise I can purchase at my local grocery store. I'll miss the watermelon.

Jeany031
11-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I will try Melon Frosty in Club Cool next year!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2013, 10:25 AM
NO!!! We were guzzling the Ginger Ale just last week. It absolutely has to be the best ginger ale ever. We'll also miss the watermelon from China and the one from Mexico.

Susan A
11-02-2013, 10:34 AM
I liked the ginger ale. I was surprised. The watermelon was too sweet for me.

At least I found the cool club this visit. It was nice to sample some drinks in the A/C. Were the beverages also for sale?

And boy, was the floor STICKY! :beer:

NJGIRL
11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
We traveled from one end of Italy to the other. Not once did I see Beverly on a menu or on sale in a "grocery" store. I think Disney made up this aweful flavor, Italy is known for it's great food, I can't see them washing it down with this drink. :ack:

We also have family in Italy and they have never heard of it.

grego77
11-04-2013, 08:24 AM
I look forward to trying these flavors in just over a week, and giving a rundown of my thoughts when I return! :mickey:
ps. IMO - They kept Beverly because it was the flavor "most talked about" for it's 'special' taste...:thumbsup:

rkmemkc
11-04-2013, 09:16 AM
No Watermelon Soda?!?! That's a bummer. I loved that drink. I'd stop by going in and out of the parks to get some. Hopefully the Melon Frosty is a good replacement.

Watermelon was my favorite too but I have found that Sparberry is a good substitute. The description doesn't do it justice. It is very red and tastes good.

:thumbsup:

TheVBs
11-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Fun! Looking forward to giving the new flavors a try. We haven't been to Club Cool in the last few trips.

elmjimmlm
11-06-2013, 10:25 PM
We were there last week and the pineapple was pretty good but i really liked the raspberry cream soda! I did miss the watermelon :mickey:

ransam
11-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Two questions....

1. Am I imagining this or did there use to be an igloo you went through to get there.

2. can you sample these for free?

Altair
11-07-2013, 05:15 AM
Two questions....

1. Am I imagining this or did there use to be an igloo you went through to get there.

2. can you sample these for free?

Yes you once entered though an igloo and there was a caveman frozen holding a bottle of Coke. It was called Ice Station Cool at that time I believe.

The samples are free and bottomless.
:thumbsup: :mickey:

rkmemkc
11-07-2013, 12:09 PM
It is very red and tastes good.:thumbsup:

The reason I put 'very red' is because my daughter's red mustache lasted most of the way around The World Showcase! :thumbsup:

Gator
11-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Watermelon was my favorite too but I have found that Sparberry is a good substitute. The description doesn't do it justice. It is very red and tastes good.

:thumbsup:

Good to know. I guess in the end, the thing I've always liked about Epcot is getting to try new flavors. So it's goodbye to the old and in with the new. That's Epcot!

WDWRox
11-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Vegitabeta is the best flavor there.....glad they didn't get rid of it. My second favorite is the now-gone Watermelon soda. The others are ok to have been replaced.

TracyL
11-12-2013, 01:56 PM
From a story on Coca-Cola's website:

"[Beverly] was introduced in Italy in 1969 as a non-alcoholic aperitif. Aperitifs are drinks that are consumed before meals and are believed to aid digestion. The 1971 ads for Beverly feature the slogan, “Cold as Helsinki, sparkling as Rio, dry as El Paso.” By 1978, the brand was popular enough to be featured in a company history of the Italian market and was available in both the “classic” and “white” versions. The brand continued to be sold in Italy battling against the bigger competitors, like Campari and San Pellegrino which also had products in that category. In 1991, Beverly “White” was chosen as one of the 16 products from around the world to be made available in the tasting area of the original World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta."

"With ongoing product consolidation in the Italian market, Beverly was discontinued in 2009. However, it is still available at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta."

TracyL
11-12-2013, 01:58 PM
And with respect to the changes, I'm with Gator. The same stuff has been on offer at Club Cool for a long time, and I'm ready to try something new!!

:yay:

BraddyB
11-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I agree, the soda or as us Pittsburghers say "POP" needed a change.

Now lets start changing some other things in EPCOT !!!

emerzmom
11-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I am going next week. I don't normally drink any soda but it is a lot of fun to go to Club Cool. Can't wait!
:tink:
Julie

Mousemates
11-13-2013, 03:22 PM
And with respect to the changes, I'm with Gator. The same stuff has been on offer at Club Cool for a long time, and I'm ready to try something new!! :yay:

:ditto:

Altair
11-13-2013, 06:16 PM
There are many dispensers, why not just add different flavors to each one? :confused:

Sportster
11-13-2013, 07:21 PM
My wife and I tried the new flavors last night. The melon one is "melony", but green! I liked the pineapple. Most were good.

Beverly still tastes like crushed up aspirin!!

mickclub1955
11-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Beverly still tastes like crushed up aspirin!!

It really tastes like Triaminic (yellow) cough syrup. It was my mother's castor oil whenever we kids got sick:ill:. Tasting Beverly brought back bad childhood memories.

JDisney
11-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Awesome they kept Beverly. Tricking my family into taking a swig is always a good time.

cer
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
There are many dispensers, why not just add different flavors to each one? :confused:

Because then you'd have to wait at the different dispensers on other guests, and if you have to wait, they would FastPass+ the attraction.

What do y'all think, should Club Cool be a Tier 1 or Tier 2 attraction?

:thedolls:

dulyjs
11-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Was down there last week. My sister hit the Bibo every chance she got. It's good but awfully sweet. I also enjoyed the melon.