PDA

View Full Version : Offsite in Feb, FP confusion

Meteora
10-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi all!

We've been doing Disney for 20+ years, but obviously the new My Disney Experience is new to us all, and I am a bit baffled. We stay offsite, and at the rate the system testing is going, I'm thinking the situation this coming Fen might be similar to the current one. So since we will be offsite, we will not be eligible to do FP+, etc. with magic bands, but:

A) I've heard that we will have to exchange our non-expiration paper tickets for bands, which I suppose we could do at the DTD ticket booth the night we arrive. Is this the case?

B)If so, how will regular FPs work for us, since we won't have paper tickets and won't be able to pre-attach reservations to our bands? Is there a way to get FPs in the park at the machines with the bands now?

Thanks in advance for any help. I feel like my head is spinning!

Strmchsr
10-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Your tickets will be attached to your Magic Bands when you arrive. You can do that at guest relations.

You can make your FP selections in the park each day at centrally localized kiosks or via your smartphone once you're in the park that day (The GPS can figure out you're actually in the park).

WDWdriver
10-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Things may change greatly by February. But for now, if you do not have a MDE account your paper tickets would be exchanged at any Guest Relations for plastic tickets with an embedded RFID chip. This card would be your park admission media and would also work in the Existing FP machines.

If the testing period is complete in February then you would receive magic bands and reserve your FPs at kiosks in the parks. The FP machines will be gone.

squijee
10-29-2013, 02:26 PM
We are going jan 3 to 11 and will be getting annual passes. Our reservations are room only at Pop jan 5 to 11 and off park jan 3 and 4. How will all this affect us?

Strmchsr
10-29-2013, 02:53 PM
We are going jan 3 to 11 and will be getting annual passes. Our reservations are room only at Pop jan 5 to 11 and off park jan 3 and 4. How will all this affect us?

If you already have tickets associated with your Jan 3-11 reservation, you'll be able to do FP+ in advance for your Jan 5-11 dates and have to do in the park day of FP for Jan 3-4. It would be most advisable if you want to do FP+ in advance to get tickets with your reservation and then upgrade them to AP when you arrive otherwise you won't be able to do FP+ at all until you arrive at the park.