PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Themed Attraction

mickclub1955
10-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Disney is known for it's great themed attractions and story telling. So I was wondering what is your favorite themed attraction at WDW and why? I have four. In order of best to last they are:

The Haunted Mansion. No one can agree on what the real story of the mansion is, but it still has a great theme and the special effects are great.

Splash Mountain. The story is great. No where else is there a flume ride like this (except other Disney parks). You feel like you are a part of the story.

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Another great theme and a feeling of total immersion in the story.

Last is Pirates of the Caribbean. It has a great story, but after seeing Disneyland's, this one could be a whole lot better. It is themed great and deserves to be on the list.

GoldenDreams
10-25-2013, 09:45 PM
For me, it will always be Pirates of the Caribbean. I remember my dad loved it and I remember him picking me up to show me the skeletons playing checkers. It was the first place that I noticed the detail that Disney puts into everything to evoke a mood and an era.

Middle of the Map
10-25-2013, 10:40 PM
I like all the ones listed by the OP, but my very favorite is Tower of Terror. Scary beyond belief.

tiggerbuddy
10-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Haunted mansion & Pirates..:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Haunted mansion & Pirates..:mickey:

:ditto:

RavsRuleDisney!
10-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Splash would have to be tops on the list but many to choose from....hey, it' what they do best!! :thumbsup:

Lizzie
10-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Indiana Jones in Disneyland is one of my favorites.

texas211
10-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Pirates- You really feel like you are in the ride the moment you get in line.

Star Tours- The robots, the interaction, the queue design is perfect.

Tough to be a bug- Are there any details that the tree of life doesn't have?

Jungle Cruise- The radio station, the little trinkets, etc.

Giggy
10-26-2013, 03:59 PM
There are a lot of great examples so I'll have to be careful, otherwise this will just be a list of every ride in the parks! :mickey:

Splash Mountain is one of the best all-round rides and that includes its theming as well. For the best from start to finish (including the queue) I would go for Pirates of the Carribean, you are immersed right into its world from the very first step. Haunted Mansion is another one of the classics that still shines for its theming.

In terms of the new rides they did a great job with Expedition Everest, queuing up feels very authentic. Special mention must also go to Tower of Terror. My mother had heard so much about the theming of that even though she would never want to ride it she went through the queue and then took the cast member elevator at the end to escape.

Unsung heroes: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Haunted Mansion - It a classic!

bruin1344
10-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Splash Mountain is my favorite because I enjoy the story line, the music, and the theming.

Honorable mention to Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Expedition Everest.

azcavalier
10-30-2013, 04:06 PM
I have to give it to the Tower of Terror. The queue (both the outside and inside), the building facade, the pre-show, the boiler room, the worn "elevators", the story, everything. I think it's the crowning achievement of what Imagineering can do to a ride. It's not my favorite ride, but it's my favorite queue.