PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

JoDisney
10-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Our family was only able to receive the gray color bands. Once at Disney, will we be able to get another color for some family members? Also, we renewed our FL resident passes and we will take our new contracts to guest relations at Disney World. Will they encoded our new passes to our bands then?

CleveSJM
10-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Disney says "Replacement MagicBands may be subject to a fee." For just wanting to change colors, I would think that would be for a fee.

VWL Mom
10-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Are you staying on site? Do you already have your bands? I know there have been reports that grey is showing as the only choice because the travel dates are too far out. Could that be the case with your reservations?

As far as adding the APs to your bands I'm not sure if they will do it for you or if you need do do it on MDE. Is there a number or bar code on the contract that could be added now?

faline
10-25-2013, 09:17 AM
I would suggest you try linking the Florida resident pass on your My Disney Experience account.

JoDisney
10-26-2013, 08:20 AM
VWL Mom, We are staying on site in early Nov. at POFQ. We only had the gray color as our choice. We received the bands quite quickly, only 2 days after we placed the order. We have Florida resident annual passes that will expire in early Nov. soon and we have renewed, but this time got FLORIDA resident seasonal passes, as we don't like to go to Disney in the summer. So, I guess we will see how it goes when we get there. We have our new contract for our passes which we take to the Disney World ticket window at the parks. They may give us a new pass number that we place on our bands at "My Disney Experience" in order for them to work at the park entrances or they may do it themselves. Who knows? I just thought it would be fun to participate in their new band program. If it does not work out, they give us the plastic card passes like we had before anyway.

Froze
10-26-2013, 12:44 PM
For informational purposes for others...

Family of 6, FL Res AP:
Made a last minute reso at Contemporary (as we seem to do once every two months or so) and received gray Magic Bands at check-in (didn't know this would happen when set up reso).

Asked about switching to colors (asked multiple times at resort/Magic Kingdom) and told a lot of different answers, they ranged from "If you reserve onsite hotel 10+ days in advance you can choose colors" to "You can ask for colors at hotel and they will give them to you" to "Once you get a color (even gray) you have to stick with it until they are done with testing".

Fast forward to September and I made a reso at Grand Floridian for Halloween night and we were then able, a few days later, to choose our own colors for magic bands and they came to our house shortly thereafter.

Our magic bands are linked to our AP's.

Just my experience - thought I would share.