PDA

View Full Version : Reserving your FP+ - question on getting the actual FP tickets

Gregandmel
10-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I am curious to know about the FP+ "reservation" system through MDE. With the current FP - you put your card into the machine and out pops the FP ticket to return at a later date. With the rolling out of the new system - if you reserve your FP+ times on-line - how do you get the actual ticket for the actual day/date/time for the ride? Is it linked to the Magic Band and if so - are you just supposed to "remember" what you reserved? I haven't seen information on this. Thanks!

Strmchsr
10-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Your Fastpass times are linked to your magic bands and they show up on your MDE account. So, you would need to either keep your smart phone handy to remember your times via MDE or you would need to write your times down. You don't receive anything paper or otherwise to help you remember your selections outside of MDE.

Gregandmel
10-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Interesting - we don't have a smart phone so I guess we would just have to be VERY conscientious of having our daily itinerary available. So when you go into the FastPass line for the ride- does the attendant use your magicband to verify you are supposed to be there? Do you wave the magic band over a scanner or something and it "knows" you are in the right time slot?

Strmchsr
10-23-2013, 02:37 PM
That's exactly it. You put your Magic Band in front of the scanner and it shows your name and time slot and flashes green so you know you're good to go on through.

vicster
10-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Just got back last Friday and using the MDE was great. All reservations (fast pass+ and dining) were listed which was very convenient. Get a smart phone - it's great.