PDA

View Full Version : splash mountain rehab

NY GOOFY
10-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Splash is my daughters favorite ride. Last February it was closed for rehab and now it will be closed again for an extended rehab this February. Any idea why the extended rehab from Jan - March when it was just closed for a rehab this past year?

Strmchsr
10-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Not all effects were restored to new condition and a couple of the ones that were restored were done so on a shoestring budget. This extended refurb is being done to further get SM back where it needs to be.

1DisneyNut
10-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Splash is my daughters favorite ride. Last February it was closed for rehab and now it will be closed again for an extended rehab this February. Any idea why the extended rehab from Jan - March when it was just closed for a rehab this past year?

Basically, it had been neglected for years and was literally falling to pieces. We were there July 5 and they had repaired a lot of cosmetics and gotten rid of the tarps in the loading area when they did the rehab last February but there were still a lot of things that needed attention. One that stands out in my mind is the water that is supposed to leap from pool to pool as you pass by was still not working. That is one of my favorite elements, for some odd reason, so I always look for it.

Cheshire_Girl
10-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Not really about the refurb...But does anyone else besides me love the Acorn Lanterns through out SM..
Everytime I see them I get so excited...I keep trying to get a really good picture-They look like they are pottery-turned on a wheel probably. I just know if I get a good picture I could get someone at the local pottery co-op to make me one..
Anyway, just saying..Love the Acorns!

cer
10-25-2013, 03:45 PM
One that stands out in my mind is the water that is supposed to leap from pool to pool as you pass by was still not working. That is one of my favorite elements, for some odd reason, so I always look for it.

It's my favorite part, too. I haven't seen it working in a looooooong time. :(