PDA

View Full Version : Suite Comparisons

ransam
10-22-2013, 12:19 PM
I have 5 people all going to Disneyworld soon. We are looking for options with the most comfort for our buck. I know there are suites at the Art of Animation resort and All star music of movies, can't remember which one.
Can anyone tell me the difference in these two? Is one bigger than the other? is there a significant price comparison?

any help would be appreciated.

amorillo
10-22-2013, 01:36 PM
The family suites are in the all-star music resort. I've never seen them personally. But, last year my family of six stayed at art of animation... I believe the suites are a bit bigger at art of animation. You can google either to check out pictures and floor plan layouts.

Something else to remember, is that at all-stars you will be sharing buses with two other resorts. Which can be a major downer, depending on your travel time (higher attendance can mean LONG wait times for buses... especially at night).

1DisneyNut
10-22-2013, 01:53 PM
The ones at all star movies are simply two connecting rooms they remodeled and put in a small kitchenette. If you don't need the kitchenette, it is cheaper to get two rooms and request connecting rooms rather than paying the premium price for the "family suite."

coloradowendyl
10-22-2013, 02:21 PM
The Family suites are located at the Art of Animation and are themed with Nemo, Cars, and Lion King. They are the newest of the family suites sleeping 6 with a queen bed and bathroom in bedroom and a double sleep sofa, murphy bed, and bath in living room. They have a small microwave and fridge.

All Star Music has Family suites which have the same bedroom setup and then a sleep sofa and two twin sleep chairs /bath in living room, fridge and microwave. They also sleep 6.

Art of Animation has a higher price point than Music and depending on the dates may not be offered for a promotion ( ex: Jan to March Stay Play Dine offer, AoA is not offered, however, Jan. to April room offer, it is offered)

Often two rooms connecting due to minors at Movies, Pop Century, or Sports will be less than a family suite or even one room at Port Orleans Riverside for a family of 5. However, those rooms will not have a microwave.

Wendy

ransam
10-22-2013, 02:31 PM
what are connecting rooms like?

coloradowendyl
10-22-2013, 03:16 PM
what are connecting rooms like?
Connecting rooms at the Value Resorts are 2 resort rooms with a door connecting them. You would have 2 double beds, 2 bathrooms, etc.

Wendy

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-23-2013, 07:32 AM
As a member of a family of five we also got connecting rooms with a door open between each room. More beds along with the two bathrooms. Always worked out great.

AgentC
10-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I've done the suites at AOA and the connecting rooms. I think it depends on the people in your party.

What I liked at AOA was having the kitchenette and a totally separate master bedroom with the bathroom with the large walk in shower. The other bathroom was off the main living area which made it perfect for the kids. My kids loved the Murphy bed.

What I didn't like is the other two bed are basically in the "living space" so you lose that space when the beds are in use.

The connecting rooms are exactly like you would expect - two rooms that connect. It doesn't feel suite like at all and you don't have and extra living area or the table like a suite. I personally prefer to do a moderate resort when I do connecting rooms because I prefer the queen size beds.

ransam
10-27-2013, 03:17 AM
I think we decided on the connecting rooms. But when we talked to someone connected to Disney they said all we can do is request connecting rooms, it was not guaranteed.
has anyone had a problem with this?

1DisneyNut
10-27-2013, 09:01 AM
We requested them once but it has been probably 10 years ago and we had no problem getting them. We have friends that requested connecting a couple of years ago and had no problem. As long as you put in the request when you make the reservation, I would not think there would be a problem. They just make that disclaimer just in case some rare situation arises where they can't make it happen.

tink88
10-27-2013, 11:03 AM
They will not book connecting rooms, it is just a request. But we have done it for years and never had a problem.

mom2morgan
11-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I think we decided on the connecting rooms. But when we talked to someone connected to Disney they said all we can do is request connecting rooms, it was not guaranteed.
has anyone had a problem with this?

That is true, but I have never (knock wood) hear of anyone NOT getting one when they've asked. You didn't say ages, but as long as you weren't hoping to put small children alone in one room, it's worth the risk. If you WERE planning on that..you might prefer a suite "just in case". But really - when we went in September we didn't even request connecting - just nearby (my daughters, one teen and one young adult, were staying separate from hubby and I) and they gave us a connecting one anyway.