PDA

View Full Version : MagicBands only in Gray???

Mariano O'Kon
10-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am going to WDW in January with my family (Party of 10!) and yesterday I realized that I have my MagicBands! :mickey:

The problem is that when I go to customize them the only color I have to choose is GRAY... :ack:

Has anyone seen this before? Usually when I call WDW and ask about the MB the answer is always the same "MBs are in testing phase right now, no guarantee that you will get them, yada yada yada"

I am afraid that if I call I will get the same "pre-scripted" answer.

Anyone here knows what is going on?

THANKS!

Mariano :mickey:

MickeysBestPal
10-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am going to WDW in January with my family (Party of 10!) and yesterday I realized that I have my MagicBands! :mickey:

The problem is that when I go to customize them the only color I have to choose is GRAY... :ack:

Has anyone seen this before?

It has been reported several times on various fan sites.

Have you tried logging out then, logging back in...
and/or clicking through some of the "custom" choices and see where that leads?

If still no joy, it's likely that if you just wait until your trip dates get closer, you'll get the full rainbow from which to choose.
You still have a lot of time, yet.
Just keep checking as time goes by.

mousketeers j and l
10-20-2013, 12:55 PM
not sure abouut any time frame but we just did ours and the colors are great! hope it lets you do the same!

less than a week to go!!! :mickey:

retiredfigment
10-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Did you add a shipping address? We are going first week of Dec. and when I checked on My Disney Experience saw that I was able to customize and add fast passes. Could make selections, but had to add shipping address before I could change color. Anybody out there use magic bands on a split stay? Do they give you different bands for each resort?

Mariano O'Kon
10-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Update: I just called WDW and they told me that I will be able to customize the colors of my MBs and start selecting FP+s when I am 60 days, or less, of my arrival date.

Today I am 77 days away, so I will let you know in 17 days if this is true or not...

Cheers, Mariano :mickey:

DANAM
10-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Great I'm 68 days out and I was having the same issues. I was also wondering about fastpass thanks for passing along the info.

Susan A
10-21-2013, 08:36 AM
We were able to choose colors about 30 days out. I noticed at check in that people who had not ordered their bands in advance received grey.

gottaluvtink
10-21-2013, 10:51 AM
We are 82 days out and I haven't heard anything about our bands yet. When did you get yours? We are going in January also.

garthbarth1
10-21-2013, 11:13 AM
We were there last week and didnt know we could order them in advance so we got Grey! That being said, they have so many cute covers to slide on and accessories for them that I'm ok with grey bc mine will be covered with something a lot cuter next time i go! :mickey:

Mariano O'Kon
10-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Well, I am now 76 days away from my trip and and I now have access to all the colors for our MBs!

So... Who knows when, why, where or how you get access to this... :cool:

Cheers, Mariano :mickey:

goofygirl67
10-26-2013, 03:47 PM
I ordered mine today. I did have some trouble getting the color, kept going back to grey, till I erased my name then re-typed it. It is now showing the color I want. Can't wait to get it.

lawgirl
10-30-2013, 02:23 PM
We were there last week and didnt know we could order them in advance so we got Grey! That being said, they have so many cute covers to slide on and accessories for them that I'm ok with grey bc mine will be covered with something a lot cuter next time i go! :mickey:

OOhhhh! That sounds fun. I didn't know they had covers and accessories for them. Is that at the parks? Or online? I'm worried about them being too big for me as I have really small wrists. Are they sizeable?

PopPhan
10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
OOhhhh! That sounds fun. I didn't know they had covers and accessories for them. Is that at the parks? Or online? I'm worried about them being too big for me as I have really small wrists. Are they sizeable?

See this thread...

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=202123