PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands: When to Order Them.

MrPeetrie
10-17-2013, 02:06 PM
I was wondering when I should order my Magic Bands. We are not returning until September of 2014. At the moment, we only have our room reservation (which isn't completely paid for yet). We don't have any park tickets. (We'll be purchasing APs.) We'll get them in the spring.

Should I:
1.) Wait until I have my tickets, ADRs, FastPass+ reservations, and any other stuff (Disney Magical Express, etc.) and then order my Magical Bands?

2.) Do it anytime and "link" those things to it as they come?

Thanks!

PopPhan
10-17-2013, 02:22 PM
First off, MagicBands (MBs) are only available by invitation at present. This is due to the program still being in "testing" The full roll-out date has yet to be announced.

As it SHOULD be in full function by the time your trip arrives, the only thing I can say is what has been bandied about in other threads -- You will be able to order and customize MBs at, or about, 60 days prior to your arrival date.

If you have park tickets, you would then be able to link them to your MBs and select your FP+ options. There are a lot of questions about APs, so this might all be rubbish by the time they fully roll-out the package.

If you have ADRs made, and they show up on your My Disney Experience (MDE) site, they should already be linked to your MBs, but if not, you can link them through the MDE site.

You do not have to link any information about Disney's Magical Express (DME) as this info is not expected to be handled through the RFID in the band. It would not surprise me, though, that this may come in a later phase of the program. It would be safer and easier to handle the DME info this way.

Clear as mud? LOL

MrPeetrie
10-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks, PopPhan. I was playing around the My Disney Experience web site and I saw a link to the Magic Bands and I wondered if I should try to get them. I'll wait.