PDA

View Full Version : Quick March Visit- What will we have time for?

SingingPixie
10-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Hello!

My husband and I are tentatively planning a long weekend trip in March so that we can attend a Braves/Red Sox spring training game. He's a Sox fan, I'm a Braves fan- and his parents, also huge Sox fans, have a winter place in Ft Myers, so they would come up to spend the game day with us- Saturday, March 22nd.

The general plan would be to stay offsite somewhere cheap, spend two days (Friday and Sunday) in the parks, getting a two-day hopper and trying to hit the highlights. Here's what I'm thinking:

Thursday: Work a half-day, drive down after lunch. Dinner on the road, check in and get to bed.

Friday: Rope drop at MK. Hopefully be able to hit Space Mtn, Buzz, BTMRR, Splash Mtn, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Philharmagic, along with a quick service lunch. Mid-afternoon hop to DHS for Tower of Terror, RnRC, Star Tours, Toy Story, maybe the Lights/Motors show and Fantasmic, along with a quick service dinner.

Saturday: Spend the day at WWoS with the in-laws, watching pre-game workouts and seeing the game. Dinner at the Wave, and then monorail to the Polynesian beach to watch Wishes.

Sunday: Rope drop at AK. Hopefully do Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, Nemo and the animal trails, along with a quick service lunch. Mid-afternoon hop to Epcot for Soarin, Mission: Space, Test Track, and various wandering, along with a quick service dinner and Illuminations.

Monday: Early breakfast at Boma, then drive home.

Are my expectations totally unreasonable? I know that FP+ may help me if it's working for offsite guests by that point- I'd use them all for the second park of the day. If it matters, we're young (30ish) and can move quickly.

Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-17-2013, 08:53 AM
You could do the two parks but I'm not sure you are going to be able to do all the things you've listed...in the afternoon it is going to be hard to get on rides like Toy Story mania , Soarin, and test track unless you do have the fast pass plus. Plus you just don't know what the crowds will be and how long the waits will be.

I say just go and do what you can and don't expect to be able to do everything so you won't be disappointed.

DonaldDuckUSA
10-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Not totally unreasonable. You just have to work hard to get it done. :-) Being a Florida girl (born and raised!) I've made this trip several times. IDK if you'll be able to do everything on your list. I suppose it depends a great deal on the crowds. Check attendance predictions. You just have to hit everything at the right times. Have you looked at park hours and EMH? Since you're staying off site (which we do often), consider starting your day at parks that do not have early morning hours.

These trips can be exhaustion because they don't provide much room for going back to the hotel in the afternoon heat. You may be going from rope drop to park close. But then again, your park-free day is in the middle, which is a smart move. Stay hydrated, remember to take a moment if you have to, and have fun. If rides are a priority, you may not stop and watch the day go by as much, but remember to still have fun and enjoy things as they come.

I agree with the previous poster about TSM and Test Track. Sometimes wait times can take a plunge right before park closing. I'm not sure if TSM is like that. You may want to consider that?

Smart to do QS meals. It will save you SO much time and give you a lot of flexibility.

pox24
10-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Walk the International Flower and Garden Show at Epcot:thumbsup: