PDA

View Full Version : Car hire or taxi

JoF
10-17-2013, 07:44 AM
We are really excited that we have booked a trip for end of Sept 2014 for 12 nights :party:
At the moment we have Disney Tickets and Magical Express transfers. This will be the first time in a long time that we will not have a hire car.
The reason is that we have (me, my sister, and my neice) usually travelled with our mum and dad but this time its just the three of us and we felt that the Disney Transport will be fine for us.
However my neice will be 14 and I am thinking that she may want to visit Universal for the rides. Would it be easy to get a taxi to and from Universal or should I get a car for a few days? Any idea roughly the cost of either of these?

Thanks in advance :mickey:

faline
10-17-2013, 08:13 AM
National and Alamo car rental is on site at Disney. You can rent cars from the car care center or at the Dolphin. Costs vary so you may want to do some research on the prices.

Pally
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
You could use Mears to get from your resort to Universal if you don't rent a car. It is approx. $20 per person return. I used this last year and it worked out very well.