PDA

View Full Version : When will the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train be in operation?

Alpha Jeanie
10-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Is there any news on when the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train will open? We will be there in March 2014 and I'm wondering what the opening date is expected to be.:mickey::coaster:

DizneyFreak2002
10-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Sometime in 2014.. They have not given a specific date yet... I'd bet late spring, early summer...

DisneyDanny
10-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Was there in Sept. Was amazed at progress. They have already done several test runs, tracks must be complete. Would not be surprised if it is not open by mid March, sooner would be better as I will be there 6-13 February 2014.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Was there in Sept. Was amazed at progress. They have already done several test runs, tracks must be complete. Would not be surprised if it is not open by mid March, sooner would be better as I will be there 6-13 February 2014.

Welcome to Intercot:welcome:

The Horned King
10-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Construction is certainly moving along now. But still alot of painting to be done and there is still quite a lot of rebar visible or bare bones concrete.

The trains on the other hand! WOW! Was lucky enough to get a very close look at them at central shops last thursday whilst they were bieng painted! They really look the part! Can't wait to ride them.

Terra
10-20-2013, 07:55 AM
We were there about a month ago, and it looked far from done to us. But we didn't see the cars.
I had heard talk of soft openings in November, but I can't imagine that it would happen, unless they made lots of superficial progress.
Though I would LOVE it. Because I'm taking my son on November 16th for an overnight birthday trip.

finaldynasty
10-20-2013, 06:31 PM
I will be there in early March as well and am hoping it will be open by then as well!!

Goes4FastPass
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
And if this is Walt Disney World there will be months of testing... not "is it ready? testing but Pass Member previews and DVC owners whose zip code ends in the number 7 previews and so forth then "soft openings" for a few unannounced hours a day and so forth until finally it's open all day every day.

Which leads to a question: Ifthose selected to ue FastPass+ can book rides months in advance, when will THEY be allowed to book 7DMT?

PopPhan
10-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Which leads to a question: Ifthose selected to ue FastPass+ can book rides months in advance, when will THEY be allowed to book 7DMT?

It will probably be like when a new restaurant on property opens -- first 3 - 6 months 'walk-in' only. But, that still begs the question of when the official opening will be.