PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the lion king....

r4kids
10-16-2013, 12:26 PM
I can't find any FoLK times for November 16. I looked on Disney's site. Help!!! Is it already in the process of moving?

MickeysBestPal
10-17-2013, 09:18 AM
I can't find any FoLK times for November 16. I looked on Disney's site. Help!!! Is it already in the process of moving?

They don't post show times until a about a week in advance.
Except for parades and evening spectaculars, any "show times" you read more than 2 weeks out is speculation (even by Disney.)

You can use the CURRENT week's Times Guide info as a
close approximation, however.

Google for "Steve Soares entertainment."

FoLK is not going to move for months.
It won't move until the new theater is finished.

buzznwoodysmom
10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
We were able to book FP+ for Festival of the Lion King for our party of 24 for Nov. 29th without problem. I wonder if the date you are trying is either already full, or the show is "dark" that day for some reason.

big blue and hairy
10-17-2013, 07:07 PM
This is purely speculation, but I'm thinking that since they are building a new home for FOTLK now, there will be either no downtime, or just a couple of days.:simba:

:sulley:

DizneyFreak2002
10-17-2013, 09:10 PM
FotLK is closing January 5 and may not reopen until Summer 2014...

big blue and hairy
10-18-2013, 12:05 PM

OK, so my speculation wasn't very good.....:blush:

ThanxForNoticin
10-18-2013, 12:22 PM

Really? Darn it. I know things change and need to be fixed up at times - but I'm really going to miss this show when we're there this winter.

Where is the new theater being built? I must've missed that topic previously. Thanks.

DizneyFreak2002
10-18-2013, 12:40 PM
OK, so my speculation wasn't very good.....:blush:

I think a lot of us thought they would reopen quickly after completion of the new theater... However, remember, this is TDO... anything to save a buck, they are for... Keeping FotLK dark for 6 months does just that... However, also, the new theater may not be ready in time (we know how slow Disney likes to build even the simplest of things), and the performers need to get acclimated to their new theater... And maybe, hopefully, they add some enhancements to the already excellent show...

Where is the new theater being built? I must've missed that topic previously. Thanks.

The new theater is being built in Africa, behind Tusker House... there will be a new pathway from behind Tusker/Dawa Bar (is that the bar's name?)... Take a look at Google Earth, find Tusker House, and the new theater will be behind there somewhere...

Aurora
10-18-2013, 01:34 PM
They can cut some of the monkey acrobatics without harm to the show, IMHO. That part just seems to go on forever... :twocents:

minnie04
10-18-2013, 02:34 PM
FoLK is not going to move for months.
It won't move until the new theater is finished.

So they are still going to have the FoLK in the park? I thought they were doing away with it altogether. I'm happy they are keeping it. I love that show :thumbsup:

bxrluv
10-18-2013, 02:48 PM
:fit::nope::down:

r4kids
10-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Well hmmmm then I have no clue :( I want to use disneys new app to kinda plan out days butttt if they don't show the shows and parades what good is the app?? Darn.. Thanks for the info guys!!

joanna71985
10-19-2013, 03:44 PM
They can cut some of the monkey acrobatics without harm to the show, IMHO. That part just seems to go on forever... :twocents:

Oh no, I hope not! I love the Tumble Monkeys

So they are still going to have the FoLK in the park? I thought they were doing away with it altogether. I'm happy they are keeping it. I love that show :thumbsup:

That's the way it's looking

PopPhan
10-19-2013, 04:28 PM

There were never any rumored plans to close FotLK permanently. It was always that the show was going to move to a new facility in the Africa section (where it belongs)

I can easily see 3 - 6 months downtime for the performers to acclimate themselves to the new surroundings - lighting, sounds, etc. - and prepare any new/different routines/songs/acts.