PDA

View Full Version : Parades/Fireworks and Rain

4disneynuts
10-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Can anyone tell me if they still have the fireworks and parades at the MNSSHP if it rains. We are going next Tuesday the 22nd and it is supposed to rain for the first 3 days we are there:crying: including the night of the party. Thanks!

AgentC
10-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Someone may know the official rules on when they decide not to do it, but basically it depends on how bad the rain is and what the safety risk is.

For example the headless horseman will not ride if the ground is too slippery.

We went to the Christmas party one year where it rained on and off all night long with some heavy bursts.

The parade was not cancelled but a few floats were pulled. The fireworks went on as scheduled but were hard to see due to the heavy cloud cover.

Strmchsr
10-14-2013, 04:18 PM
As stated, it depends on how heavy the rain is. Almost any rain will cancel the Headless Horseman, but fireworks can go on with some rain. The parade is more iffy.

Now related to that rain - it won't rain the 3 days you're there. A.) Oct 22 is still "voodooland" - beyond 7 days and forecasts are worthless beyond 7 days and B.) I was just looking at the models doing the forecast in the vacation planning forum and none of them show any serious rain for next week. Just hit and miss showers. Be sure you ignore the "fill-in-your-zip-code" sites when planning for your trip as no human has any interaction with those forecasts.

4disneynuts
10-14-2013, 04:27 PM
As stated, it depends on how heavy the rain is. Almost any rain will cancel the Headless Horseman, but fireworks can go on with some rain. The parade is more iffy.

Now related to that rain - it won't rain the 3 days you're there. A.) Oct 22 is still "voodooland" - beyond 7 days and forecasts are worthless beyond 7 days and B.) I was just looking at the models doing the forecast in the vacation planning forum and none of them show any serious rain for next week. Just hit and miss showers. Be sure you ignore the "fill-in-your-zip-code" sites when planning for your trip as no human has any interaction with those forecasts.

Thank you!! I feel better now. LOL :)

WiltonJohn
10-14-2013, 11:54 PM
I feel better too.... will be there then also. Thanks strmchsr.

best,

...............john