PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ / MDE interaction with CM

MrPeetrie
10-12-2013, 08:05 PM
There's been much anxiety over both the FastPass+, as well as the My Disney Experience web site. I recently spoke to a CM regarding an IT issue as our reservation had duplicate recording of our family. (Instead of only 4 members, it had 8 with each person listed twice, once in CAPS, once in lower case.)

The CM was extremely informative as she quickly removed the duplicate information. I spoke about my trepidations regarding the new FastPass+ system.

She said, it will roll out with only the basic options in place (i.e. 3 selections in only one park). Once all the bugs and worked out and the system is solid, they will begin introducing all the "bells and whistles."

She informed me it would be foolish for them to sell Park Hopper tickets, then not have reservations in multiple parks be a function with the FastPass+. Other things are in the works.

Regarding linking your AP to you MDE and using it for your FastPass+, you will need a valid reservation. You will need to purchase your AP, but leave it at Will Call. You will use your confirmation number to link it to MDE.

There are still some issues to be worked out with APs and MDE, but I am encouraged. I have much less worry after speaking with the CM (who I gave all "1's" on the ensuing survey), than I was beforehand.

I hope this information helps some.

MickeysBestPal
10-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Many rumors begin from front-line CM's who relate their own private visions of what might happen.

Regarding linking your AP to you MDE and using it for your FastPass+,

1- you will need a valid reservation.

You will need to purchase your AP,

2- but leave it at Will Call.

3- You will use your confirmation number to link it to MDE.

1- FP+ will not be related to WDW resort stays.

2- I'm not sure what that means, but there would be no reason to buy an
AP and leave it at Will Call.

3- If you mean that if you order a new AP while not actually at WDW, yes, you
could use the confirmation number to link to MDE to make advance FP+.
We are not sure about how many days of FP+ an AP holder can book.

The "potential" for an AP holder would be up to 366 days of FP+ reservations
(beginning a maximum of 60 days in advance, likely) during the life of an AP.
It is very unlikely that WDW would allow pre-booking advance FP+ every day of the year for an AP holder, BUT we just don't know
what will be the limit or how the window of pre-booking for AP's
will work at this point.

We do know that it can't be tied to WDW resort reservations, as the most
basic of "official" FP+ info that we have states that FP+
will not be only for WDW resort guests.

buzznwoodysmom
10-13-2013, 02:03 PM
2- I'm not sure what that means, but there would be no reason to buy an
AP and leave it at Will Call.

While I am definitely not an expert on APs, never had one, I can say that I have been reading this (to leave AP at Will Call) from lots of guests on several different Disney sites. I do not know the reasons, just that I've seen guests mention being told to do this regarding FP+ and APs recently.

MrPeetrie
10-13-2013, 02:12 PM
We would always purchase vouchers, which we would then exchange at guest services. I was told that won't work. To link your AP and take advantage of FastPass+, she said we'd need our confirmation number and we need to leave AP at will call.

Also, if I remember our conversation correctly, AP holders will need a reservation.

MickeysBestPal
10-13-2013, 04:41 PM
We would always purchase vouchers, which we would then exchange at guest services. I was told that won't work. To link your AP and take advantage of FastPass+, she said we'd need our confirmation number and we need to leave AP at will call.

Also, if I remember our conversation correctly, AP holders will need a reservation.

You may have misunderstood the CM (or she misspoke.)

As an AP holder, I can tell you that if you leave your AP at Will Call, you won't be able to use the AP for the customary discounts at the parks and DTD.

There are many AP holders on various WDW fan sites discussing FP+ and MDE... and those AP guests have been needing to use their flat AP's for the discounts... but they have been using MagicBands for everything else.
There would be no reason that an AP would have to "sit at Will Call."
An AP is not a physical ticket until it is PRINTED by "Will Call" (which can also be any ticket booth, Guest Relations at the parks, TTC or DTD.)
So "leaving the AP at Will Call," holds no merit. It will always actually be a part of a guest's WDW file. The AP can be printed and re-printed as many times as needed
during the life of the AP.

I'm still unclear about what you mean when you say AP holders will "need reservations" to use FP+.

If you mean WDW Resort reservations:
The reason that there have been "reservations" needed is that only guests at WDW resorts have been being issued MagicBands during the current testing period.

However, when Disney eventually fully rolls out MB/FP+ for all guests, it will no longer be required that guests (AP or other) have a WDW resort reservation
to get a MagicBand (likely need to buy a MB if not staying on-site) and/or use FP+.

MrPeetrie
10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
MickeysBestPal, I'm confusing you. I'm talking about purchasing my AP months before our trip. In order to participate in FastPass+, I was told not to order the voucher and have it mailed to our home (as I have in past years), but rather to leave it at will call until we arrive. I am to use the confirmation number if I want to participate in FastPass+. Once I arrive, I'll figure out how to link it to my wrist band, I guess.

MickeysBestPal
10-13-2013, 05:42 PM
MickeysBestPal, I'm confusing you. I'm talking about purchasing my AP months before our trip. In order to participate in FastPass+, I was told not to order the voucher and have it mailed to our home (as I have in past years), but rather to leave it at will call until we arrive. I am to use the confirmation number if I want to participate in FastPass+. Once I arrive, I'll figure out how to link it to my wrist band, I guess.

That makes much more sense.
Thanks for clarifying.

(However, they don't mail "live AP's" to guests, anyway.
They only send you a voucher (if you request that it be mailed)
and that voucher must then be turned in at
a ticket booth or Guest Relations or Will Call after you arrive at WDW,
and a live AP will THEN be issued.
But, let's leave that for another discussion.) ;)

What has recently been happening with guests who have AP vouchers
and those who do have live current AP's...
is that they HAVE been able to be linked to MyDisneyExperience (MDE) for the purposes of making FP+ reservations.

That also means that if you do get a MagicBand at some point (either before you arrive or after you are at WDW) that band will automatically have your AP ticket info and FP+ reservations "on it" (so to speak) once you connect the MB with your MDE account.

TheVBs
10-14-2013, 07:15 AM
She informed me it would be foolish for them to sell Park Hopper tickets, then not have reservations in multiple parks be a function with the FastPass+. Other things are in the works.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. Park Hoppers are a popular option and it doesn't make sense that they would put something in place to discourage buying it.

jnfr2424
10-14-2013, 09:26 AM
What has recently been happening with guests who have AP vouchers
and those who do have live current AP's...
is that they HAVE been able to be linked to MyDisneyExperience (MDE) for the purposes of making FP+ reservations.

That also means that if you do get a MagicBand at some point (either before you arrive or after you are at WDW) that band will automatically have your AP ticket info and FP+ reservations "on it" (so to speak) once you connect the MB with your MDE account.
This is exactly what we had to do
DH and I are both AP holders in the midst of our upcoming trip our AP expired and we both renewed our passes and printed a voucher that we need to bring with us to Guest Services. As soon as we were renewed, we were able to make FP+ options
When we check our MDE account the voucher is linked to our two MB (we are doing a split stay and got 2 sets)

MickeysBestPal
10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
This is exactly what I've been thinking. Park Hoppers are a popular option and it doesn't make sense that they would put something in place to discourage buying it.

The way to take good advantage of park hopping with FP+ at only one park...
is to arrive at the first park early in the day, and ride attractions before the lines get long.

But, schedule your FP+ for attractions at the SECOND park for later in the day (when you'll be there, of course) when the standby lines will be long.