PDA

View Full Version : finger print??

minnie04
10-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Why does it always take more then a few times for the finger prints to register when we swipe our AP cards ??

DisneyDINK
10-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I have had pretty good luck in that respect. I put my finger on the scanner and my card (AP) in front of the Mickey ball at the same time and I easily got the two happy green lights 9/10 times. I took two tries the first time though.

disneymom15
10-11-2013, 12:04 PM
No problem on our end either. There were 4 of us, all with AP's. We were there mid September.

minnie04
10-11-2013, 01:13 PM
It's not every single time,but it happens. I just thought if they have our finger prints on file. It would be happening at all.. oh well

WDWdriver
10-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Actually, it's not looking at your fingerprint. The scanner is looking at a biometric of your finger, meaning the size, width, and features of your index finger. A fingerprint (which Disney is not allowed to take or retain on file) is very precise and is unique to a single person. A biometric is more general and is therefore more prone to error.

minnie04
10-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Got it!! thanks Ron :thumbsup: I was just wondering..

Scar
10-11-2013, 02:26 PM
It's important to place your finger a certain way the first time you do it, then the same way every other time. I've never had a problem doing it that way.

Polynesian Dweller
10-11-2013, 02:39 PM
It's important to place your finger a certain way the first time you do it, then the same way every other time. I've never had a problem doing it that way.

Yep, you have to do it the same way every time. Rotate it or shift back or forward and it will have problems. Easiest way I've found is flat aligned with the reader.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-12-2013, 10:23 PM
What Ron said. I had the same misconception among our employees when we started using biometric time clocks. And since quite a few of them were, lets just say, they shouldn't have been here, they were worried.
I find when you used it the first time, if you were relaxed when you did it, it worked better going forward. But if you are nervous, thinking you were being fingerprinted, who knows if you didn't press down, push it all the way in etc.