PDA

View Full Version : Dining with Chef Remy at Epcot to End 10/24/13

jamiem
10-10-2013, 07:30 AM
I just saw this morning reports that Remy is leaving Le Chefs de France in a couple of weeks. The information that I saw referenced 10/24 and 10/25. I have friends visiting that week who have reservations on 10/25 and were hoping to see Remy.

Does anyone have any additional information on this? I'm trying to find out if my friend has a hope of seeing him before he is gone.

So sad to plan a trip for months and miss it by a day!!

cer
10-10-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't have any information on this, but if this is true..... boo. :(

dobby2010
10-10-2013, 09:05 AM
I sure hope not. We booked it for our nov. trip just for him!

Terra
10-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Awww, I hope not. We eat in France every few months. Remy's my favorite part. We're going again on Oct 19th. Think we'll have to eat there to get one more Remy time.

Figment!
10-13-2013, 09:19 AM
The Dining with Chef Remy offering is scheduled to cease operation at Chefs de France after October 24th, 2013.

Here is the internal announcement from the Walt Disney World resort:

At the Walt Disney World Resort, we regularly evaluate our offerings and make appropriate adjustments based on creative and operational needs. As a result, the Dining with Chef Remy offering at Chefs de France will have its final performance October 24, 2013. The character will officially leave the park on Friday, October 25, 2013.

Melanie
10-13-2013, 10:33 AM
And I can say my days of dining at Chefs de France are probably over. Well, at least for the near future. I've never loved a meal there, and Remy was by far the highlight. Too bad.

dobby2010
10-13-2013, 11:25 AM
And just cancelled our reservation there for next month. I wonder if they will rethink this decision after reservations go way down there.

big blue and hairy
10-13-2013, 01:39 PM
I loved Ratatouille, but I thought the Remy squeaking show was dumb. I never liked it and I thought it took away from an otherwise upscale dining experience. Love Remy (in the movie), glad he's leaving Le Chefs de France.

:sulley:

jnfr2424
10-13-2013, 08:22 PM
I loved Ratatouille, but I thought the Remy squeaking show was dumb. I never liked it and I thought it took away from an otherwise upscale dining experience. Love Remy (in the movie), glad he's leaving Le Chefs de France.

I have to agree! You are lucky if you are there and its working! Plus I have seen people jump out of their skin when they see Remy come by and its not a pretty sight. I have upcoming reservations in November and I am not cancelling- the mac and cheese is too good to pass up!

big blue and hairy
10-14-2013, 09:11 AM
It was a great restaurant before Remy, and it will continue to be after he's gone. Au revoir Remy.

AgentC
10-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't know whether it will be on our list or not. The first time we ate there was specifically to see Remy. I think we've gone for lunch three or four times when Remy was there. It was always fun.

Overall I though the food was there was okay and the restaurant was pretty but I wouldn't specifically go back for the food there.

Hammer
10-14-2013, 02:41 PM
And I can say my days of dining at Chefs de France are probably over. Well, at least for the near future. I've never loved a meal there, and Remy was by far the highlight. Too bad.

See, I have the opposite reaction. We like lunch (dinner too) at Chefs de France but have avoided lunch because of the whole Remy thing. Lunch there will now be on our list again. I think the people who will stop going and those who add it will cancel each other out.

Melanie
10-14-2013, 04:12 PM
See, I have the opposite reaction. We like lunch (dinner too) at Chefs de France but have avoided lunch because of the whole Remy thing. Lunch there will now be on our list again. I think the people who will stop going and those who add it will cancel each other out.

Could be. Just speaking for myself personally. I've eaten there 4 times, and it's just not for me. There are probably 8 or more WS restaurants I'd eat at over Chefs de France.

BriarRose0708
10-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Awww, that's too bad! I'm glad I got to see him once. I really liked my experience there (although that was probably influenced by the wine :wine: too) and I thought Remy was very cute. But I'll go back to Chefs when I have the chance, Remy or no Remy!

buzznwoodysmom
10-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Glad we got to see Remy once! I'll add this to the list of things we are glad we did before they were discontinued. :(

JerseyDad
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
....having had "Dinner with the Rat" ...each of the 3 times I was dining in"France" ...I can go to the great beyond feeling fulfilled in my life's experiences.:D