PDA

View Full Version : Walmart close to Disney

Jeri
10-10-2013, 12:43 AM
We need to go to Walmart when we get down to Disney for milk, pop, water, pudding ( put DD's meds in it) and diapers.

Where is a Walmart that is close?
We will have our own van since we are driving, so it isn't an issue.
Is there somewhere else that would be better to go to then Walmart, maybe a grocery store? I just want some where that has good prices, and I know around here Walmart has them. I'm just a bit leery of Walmart cause around here every store is different, some are nice and others are icky.

Strmchsr
10-10-2013, 07:57 AM
There is a Wal-Mart, Publix, Target, etc all just off property. I usually go to the Walmart on Vineland, but plug it into your GPS and there are several options within 10 min from the Disney gate.

Disneyfun
10-10-2013, 09:01 AM
The Walmart on 192 right next to Medieval Times is fairly close to WDW, but is almost ALWAYS very busy at all hours due to being in the middle of the Kissimmee tourist area. The Walmart on the corner of Vineland and N. Poinciana Blvd is closer, newer, and a bit nicer but can be just as busy.

The Publix on the corner of 192 and International Dr. South is very nice and has a wonderful bakery (you can't beat a Publix bakery IMHO), but will have a smaller selection compared to the Supercenter Walmarts above. It is very close to WDW, but is not 24 hrs.

Do NOT go to the Goodings at the Crossroads Shopping Center just outside the Hotel Plaza and Disney Marketplace area on 535. The selection is very limited and their prices are inflated due to being so close to WDW.

Irregardless of which location you go to, try to avoid them for the first couple of hours right after MK closing times as that is when all the tourists and locals getting off of work will be there too.

You can't throw a rock and not hit convenience stores like 7-11, but they will be priced as convenience stores are.

Hope that this helps. :mickey:

mydisneygirls
10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
I also go to the Walmart on Vineland. On our trip in August, we were there mid-afternoon and I didn't find it crowded....of course we were there on a week day not on the weekend!!!!

kakn7294
10-10-2013, 12:52 PM
We've been to several area Walmart stores and they were all fairly decent but usually pretty busy. Prices were fairly comparable to home.

Terra
10-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I was going to suggest the one on 192. There's also a Target nearby.

I personally think Disney should open there own grocery store on property!
"Mouse-eries!"