PDA

View Full Version : When does old fp go away?

Mrs Bus Driver
10-09-2013, 05:56 PM
In other words how much longer will the machines still be up and running? How much longer will those with MB be able to use both? TIA :mickey:

AgentC
10-09-2013, 07:04 PM
They have not announced a date yet.

WiltonJohn
10-10-2013, 04:41 PM
If the old system is still active during this "testing period", will those with MagicBands be able to "double dip" the system? Meaning do the three online reservations... and then go ange ALSO get a fastpass on the OLD system?

Seems wrong if that is the case.

best,

...............john

buzznwoodysmom
10-10-2013, 05:46 PM
If the old system is still active during this "testing period", will those with MagicBands be able to "double dip" the system? Meaning do the three online reservations... and then go ange ALSO get a fastpass on the OLD system?

Seems wrong if that is the case.

best,

...............john
So far that is what has been reported. Those testing the magic bands have reported that they were also given a KTTW card and could also access regular fast pass. Not sure if this is still the case, or how much longer it'll be this way, but as recent as the last few weeks this is what's been reported.

One of the things I have read is that the old FP machines will remain in the parks until all onsite resorts have been rolled into FP+, and all offsite guests also have access to the new system. I have not heard of any specific dates for removal of the old FP machines. Doesn't mean a date doesn't exist, I just haven't seen one.

Another thing I keep seeing is an Oct. 25th date that all onsite resorts should be rolled into the new system. My guess would be that the old machines will be removed sometime between next month and the end of the year. Again, that's just my guess. Of course there may be issues with the new system once everyone is using it, so who really knows for sure?????

Scrappy2
10-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I was told by a CM that I would be given a KTW card that I could use for my upcoming trip for FP's along with my testing for the Fastpass+. I will be there in November.

WiltonJohn
10-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks. I'll know first hand in a couple of weeks.

best,

.............john