PDA

View Full Version : Change in situation - January runICOT

JMTStone
10-09-2013, 02:10 PM
So I don't want to start a huge debate on the Government but DH just got laid off. No home loans.... no people needed to process the paperwork.

His company laid off 62% of their work force. He thought he was safe on Friday when he still had a job. But I guess he was beginning of round two. He left with assurances from the company that if their situation changes, he would be on the list of people they call back but he's not waiting. He's now gathering references.

Sigh. I don't know how this affects our January runICOT trip. Plane tickets bought, DVC stay, Annual Passes, runDisney entrance paid.... All we would have to pay for is food! I think we're still in. Its only 90 days away.

I'm also one of those people who keeps a savings for just such an occasion, so we're still able to pay the bills for a bit. And of course, I'm one of those people who can pinch a penny when needed. I'd rather eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches 7 days a week than take out a loan. So I guess I'm part of the problem.

To Disney or Not to Disney?

BrerGnat
10-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Just go. You have to pay a fee per race if you want to defer your race registration. Take some bread, PB&J and GO!

Good luck to your DH. I hope he either gets rehired or finds another job very soon. This shutdown is for the birds. :rolleyes:

Carol
10-09-2013, 02:52 PM
I hope everything works out for you to go, Mel. :pixie:

kakn7294
10-09-2013, 03:26 PM
If you've already paid for most of it, I'd probably still go IF I could still afford to pay the bills at home. Good luck to you - I hope it all works out!

Janmac
10-13-2013, 03:41 PM
With it all taken care of except food, I say go. Probably be good for you.

But then, we're the ones that didn't cancel our 2 week trip to Europe when DH got laid off a couple weeks before we were due to leave (company went bankrupt so no promise of re-hire). Everything worked out.

Didn't somebody say something about regretting more what they didn't do, instead of what they did?

Jan

JMTStone
10-13-2013, 04:15 PM
You're right. I would seriously regret it if I don't go. If those dates come around and I'm at the office, I'll be a sad girl.

We have the savings to take us through. We can pay the bills for quite some time.

Now if he gets a job and can't take the time off, that's a different story. I may have to transfer the information to our 11 year old daughter. He's already told me I've been working too hard getting in shape to blow this off.

So we're going.

Thanks for the feedback.

Janmac
10-15-2013, 01:48 PM
My sister has changed jobs with a Disney trip already booked, etc. Every new employer has allowed the time off - not with pay of course. She mentioned the booked trip upon being hired.

Hope your DH finds a job and can still get the time off.

Jan