PDA

View Full Version : Week BEFORE Thanksgiving

TexasPrincessAurora
10-04-2013, 03:12 PM
How heavy are the crowds this week? I would think they would be rather light, but wondered if anyone has had first hand experience?

SBETigg
10-04-2013, 05:46 PM
I was only there once during this week. Monday through Wednesday was fine, very low crowds. Thursday started getting busy. By Friday before Thanksgiving, it was very crowded. But I'm still not sure if it only felt very crowded by contrast because the crowds were so light earlier in the week.

AgentC
10-04-2013, 06:46 PM
We did a Wednesday through Monday a few years ago. Wednesday and Thursday were pretty light. Friday was crowded and Saturday was very busy. It was a good time to visit. If I were to go again at that time of year, I would try to leave before the weekend, but the beginning of the week was great.

sacandjac
10-04-2013, 07:56 PM
We visited during this time 2011. Very low crowds until the day we left which was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving! Weekend crowds little more than the weekdays before but def not unmanageable. We are visiting same timeframe this year and next! Reduces out of school time for DD because of the week out for Thanksgiving and gives us several days of low crowds!

Middle of the Map
10-10-2013, 08:48 PM
The week before Thanksgiving is my favorite time to go to WDW. We went last year Nov 10-13 and we're going again this year Nov 13-16. Avoid the weekends and you should have a great time. Only downside is reduced hours in the parks. If you're an early riser and get to the parks when they open, touring is a joy.