PDA

View Full Version : Just rented points

wjdoc
10-04-2013, 12:09 PM
So, I officially rented points for a week at BLT in the spring.

I ordered from a broker and they obviously help with this stuff, but i was wondering about a few things. I know the actual owner needs to process the meal plan purchase for me if i want to buy it ahead of time, but can i buy the meal plan at check in and bypass the idea of giving my credit card number to a stranger?

Also, if i buy park tickets from an outside source (aaa, disney store, or outside broker...), can they link them to my key to the world card? Walking around with multiple cards and wristbands and whatever else they come up with is not good for me... If they can link the outside tickets to the KTTW card, are there any reasons why i shouldn't do that?

Any info would certainly be a help. Thanks!

NewDVCowner
10-04-2013, 12:42 PM
I can't help you with most of your questions, however rather than give your credit card number to a stranger you can purchase Disney gift cards and use those to purchase the plan. I travel with my adult sisters, brother and mom. When we get the dining plan they all give me Disney gift cards for the amount of the dining plan and I call in and give those numbers to the DVC agent. I've had them comment on how smart it is to use those rather than needing to track down everyone to reimburse me for the cost.

VWL Mom
10-04-2013, 04:15 PM
As far as the meal plan, it must be booked and paid for at least 72 hours before per DVC. Some brokers are requiring it to be booked earlier so they can get the info to the client and DVC. If you don't want to give your credit card number than the gifts card idea is a good one.

You will be able to link your tickets to your MDE account, no problem.