PDA

View Full Version : are medical need refrigerators still available?

disneysmiles
10-03-2013, 05:01 AM
We are staying at Pop the first week of november.I noted on my reservation we need a fridge for medical purposes. Storing insulin to be exact. Now I'm getting worried. If my room doesn't have a refrigerator, or has one that isn't working, can they get one for me? If not, do they allow you to rent one from off property?We tried using a cooler with ice once, but by the time we got back to the room after the parks, the ice had not only melted, but the meds ended up being submerged in room temp water. Not a good thing!

disneynarula
10-03-2013, 05:29 AM
I think they will try their best to get it for you but if they don't have them available there isn't much they can do. They will store your medicine for you but that doesn't seem very practical if you need it right away in an emergency.

Strmchsr
10-03-2013, 08:02 AM
They do have a limited number of fridges for medical purposes. They can't guarantee one, but it probably won't be a problem. We have to have one for my son's insulin as well. If, for some reason, they don't have one you can store your insulin at Bell Services. They have a big fridge there where they can store the stuff. It's not convenient, but it's a solution.

PETE FROM NYC
10-03-2013, 03:11 PM
From our last trip to POP in 9/09.
We got the medical fridge, but it had no freezer for my Medi-cool ice packs. What we had to do was each night , return the ice pack to luggage services for them to store it in their big freezer and retrieve it the next morning. It was a major inconvenience, but we had no other choice.
Now we are DVC, and have a full sized fridge when we stay in a 1 BR at BLT.

special ed teacher
10-03-2013, 06:34 PM
We don't use one for my sons insulin. We had it freeze in the fridge once and had a problem. The pharmacist said it can stay room temperature for a month once it is used. Maybe ask if that works for you.