PDA

View Full Version : Updated FP+ Info From Disney

Donald Duck
10-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I just got off the phone with a DIsney employee from their My Disney Experience help desk.

He told me that the FP+ testing will continue through the end of November.
Then they will decide when to implement it.

I told him I was going at the end of December and he said it should be live by then. He also said that the old FP system will still be in place in December, maybe longer because it will take time to switch completely over to just FP+. So for all of us going in Dec we should be able to use both FP systems at the same time.

:mickey:

Donald Duck

Strmchsr
10-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Interesting. There was a release that went out a couple of days ago saying the system is going live in October instead of just testing and that the old FP system would be gone by the end of November. I'm not sure which info is correct. Your source is a Disney CM but the release also came from Disney.

Aurora
10-02-2013, 01:57 PM
It won't be until the "official" testing period is over that the REAL test will begin. That's when everyone will be limited to FP+, no more hybrid of old and new FP systems. Then we'll see the true impact, or lack thereof, on standby lines. Or we'll at least hear the true anedotes. ;) :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I have heard the "go live" date to be Oct. 25 several times now, from several different sources. Not saying that's official, but at this moment I am going to anticipate Oct. 25th to be the go live date.

Lindsey310
10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I heard from a CM that the official roll out date is 12/1/13. :mickey:

17 days!!!! :cloud9:

Strmchsr
10-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I think the point is quickly being proven - there's a lot of bad information being given out by CMs on this. A lot of them don't really know other than what they've "heard" same as the rest of us. The official release had it going live at various resorts week by week through October with the plan to have every resort online by the end of October. Because that is an official release from Disney it's what I would trust for now (unless, of course, we find out differently, which seems to be entirely possible).

VWL Mom
10-02-2013, 03:50 PM
The official release had it going live at various resorts week by week through October with the plan to have every resort online by the end of October. Because that is an official release from Disney it's what I would trust for now (unless, of course, we find out differently, which seems to be entirely possible).

This is what Iger said on CNBC last week when they were interviewing him. They want it on board for the start of their new fiscal year.

NewDVCowner
10-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm going to be at WDW for the Wine and Dine Half in November, staying on DVC points. I haven't heard anything about getting FP+. Is this something I should be worried about/looking for?

Strmchsr
10-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Is this something I should be worried about/looking for?

Yes - you definitely need to research it (and it's been all over the boards). All Fastpasses will now be done in advance. No more inserting your card and being told when to come back. It's basically like an ADR. Now, if you don't use Fastpass, then it's nothing to worry about.

NewDVCowner
10-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Sorry, I guess I should have specified. I haven't gotten any notifications from Disney about being qualified to sign up for FP+. I've heard about the program (which I am not eager to try out, btw) I just didn't realize that it was going to be in effect for my next trip as anything more than testing.

Donald Duck
10-02-2013, 06:30 PM
It won't be until the "official" testing period is over that the REAL test will begin. That's when everyone will be limited to FP+, no more hybrid of old and new FP systems.

That's not what the CM told me. He said there will be a period when the testing is over and FP+ starts that both systems will be available to use. He said it's going to take time for the old FP system to go away, won't happen overnight.

I hope he's right.

:mickey:

Hammer
10-02-2013, 08:15 PM
From the sources I have, this is due to be fully rolled out at the end of the month. Of course, if there are issues such as the bands not working at one of the hotels for all or vast majority of guests, then I could see it been pushed into November, as that would be a showstopper defect. Now if there are just intermittent glitches, I guarantee they'll roll it out as planned.

badkitty
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
I was on the phone last night with IT since my Premier pass won't link. They couldn't fix it yet. Disney is still having issues with some APs and I expressed concern that I wouldn't be able to select FPs and she said not to worry. According to her, other "roll out" is for having all resorts with the magic band technology and the FP+ would still be in test mode. Hard to know what to believe.

Hammer
10-03-2013, 12:01 AM
I was on the phone last night with IT since my Premier pass won't link. They couldn't fix it yet. Disney is still having issues with some APs and I expressed concern that I wouldn't be able to select FPs and she said not to worry. According to her, other "roll out" is for having all resorts with the magic band technology and the FP+ would still be in test mode. Hard to know what to believe.

That sounds plausible. Disney could roll out the use of magic bands for purchases, room key, etc., but still keep Fast Pass + in test mode until it works for all ticket media.