PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon

SueQ
10-02-2013, 12:08 PM
I have made dining reservations for our first night in Disney in March for Whispering Canyon. I've never been before. And this basically is hubby's first trip to Disney since he was 10 (when there was only MK). Looking forward to going.

#1donaldfan
10-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Breakfast or Dinner ?? Either way it's a great place to eat good food and have fun !! :mickey:

4disneynuts
10-02-2013, 02:07 PM
This is our DD favorite place. It is a lot of fun! The food is also great.:thumbsup:

wdwaggie
10-02-2013, 02:14 PM
My DW was not a huge WDW fan when we first met (over 10years ago), but thank God and mountains of Pixie Dust she has come around. Probably didn't hurt that we now have a 4yo grand-daughter that we will be bringing to WDW next year for her first trip. ANyways, after staying last time at the WL, WCC has now become her favorite breakfast spot to brag about!! :number1: We ate dinner there a couple of times too, but the Breakfasts are awesome! She's not big into the noise and hoopla either, so I was petrified the first time the waitress started giving her the routine, but she bantered right back with them and it was all I could do to contain myself when she asked for her first straw!!!! :thumbsup:

thads
10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
We had dinner there, for the first time, on our last trip. We loved it and it is now a family tradition moving forward. We are looking forward to our second trip there in 47 days. Make sure you ask for ketchup, and drink refills.:secret:

SueQ
10-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Breakfast or Dinner ?? Either way it's a great place to eat good food and have fun !! :mickey:

We are having dinner.

NJGIRL
10-02-2013, 06:21 PM
We love Whispering Canyon. Our food has always been good and the entertainment is so much fun. Just be prepared...it is a very loud place.

mydisneygirls
10-03-2013, 11:02 AM
We used to love Whispering Canyon, until they changed the menu and did away with the all you can eat skillet. It is one of our least favorite places to eat now (and we stay at the Wilderness Lodge). I still wish they'd bring back the old skillet.

Arielfan98
10-03-2013, 04:39 PM
It was a little to loud and rowdy for me. The carrying of ketchup is annoying there, but fun if you like that sort of thing

twinboyz
10-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Really a fun place!! We went for the first time this past May with my 14 year old twin boys. Great times for all. Servers will get into it if you get a good one. We had MT.. totally flirted with my not so shy 14 year old. :rotfl: really funny stuff and innocent. She wrote him a 'love' note when we left(completely harmless). He still keeps it on his dresser and tells me every once and a while, "that lady was fun'. She sure was.:D

FYI if you are into adult beverages.. they have an awesome Moonshine Margarita.:marg:

GoBlueLacheta
10-04-2013, 10:33 AM
We have had bad luck there at dinner, and I've tried to give it a few "go's", but something always seems to happen.

We were not given part of our meal 2x and because we were a party of two, three times now we have been overly ignored because of larger parties. I understand that this is the nature of a place like that, but is just unfortunate. I enjoy the food and atmosphere, but it is tough to take the time and book an evening ADR knowing what has happened in the past and our better luck with a plethora of other dinner options.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-04-2013, 12:10 PM
We were very underwhelmed by the dining experience on our last visit. I found the food to be average at best. Our waiter wasn't fully into all the "extras" which was ok. My DW and I had dined there several years ago and had really good memories of it, and on this last visit we took our 3 kids there for the first time. As I said, very underwhelmed. Don't really see the need to go back, unless its to Artist Point.

As another person mentioned, they changed the menu, and not for the better from what I remember.

mydisneygirls
10-08-2013, 09:55 AM
I totally agree with The Hitchhiking Ghost. We don't see the need to return either. You used to be able to order a steak, but no more. It's the platter and nothing else. Also, a salad was included as part of the meal but now you have to pay an additional $7 if you want one. We were very, very disappointed with the food. Since they changed the menu, I have never seen it crowded at all there.

MissMaryPoppins
10-14-2013, 11:42 PM
My family loves the Whispering Canyon and we have many memories of great evenings there. The first time we ate there was the first night of a much, much needed vacation and my brother was picked to lead the kids around the restaurant on "horseback". It was hilarious and the kids loved him. Another time my mom's brother, his wife, and their son visited during my Dad's birthday and we went there for dinner. The wait staff seemed to be targeting us that night. My uncle asked for a refill on his drink and got a glass big enough for all of us to share. My cousin was 14 and one waitress kept treating him like a little boy knowing it was getting to him. I honestly never saw his face so red and it was hilarious how mad he got. When my Dad's birthdsy cake came out, 2 waitresses had a cupcake which he thought was his...and they ate it while signing Happy Birthday. Another time the host who seated us came to our table with a certificate for my cousin who was 13 at the time just because she was very polite and friendly to him. It's a special place for my family. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

ImagiAsh
10-15-2013, 07:20 AM
I made reservations here for dinner in January for my boyfriend and I. Neither of us had ever eaten here before, but I heard it was a fun place, so I decided to book it. I don't think I'll be going back. It is very loud, the ketchup bit is annoying, and the menu is limited. I was not planning a romantic dinner, but I was not planning to feel like I was in a rowdy cafeteria either. Didn't help that our server seemed to be having a grouchy day.

SueQ
10-15-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm hoping we have a fun time at dinner.

PlutoPlanet
10-16-2013, 12:50 PM
This is a fun place. The menu is limited, but the quality is good. And, I heard the architect of WL designed AKL too.

#1donaldfan
10-16-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm hoping we have a fun time at dinner.

You will !! Let them know you want a CM who loves to play, as some are not as "playful" as others. This past July we had breakfast there and the place was nearly empty but our waitress was CRAZY FUNNY !! She gave us such attention and was by far the best CM wait staff we've ever had !! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-16-2013, 01:44 PM
We used to love Whispering Canyon, until they changed the menu and did away with the all you can eat skillet. It is one of our least favorite places to eat now (and we stay at the Wilderness Lodge). I still wish they'd bring back the old skillet.

The all you can eat skillet is still offered at dinner. We had it in Feb. I believe I heard it is no longer available for lunch.