PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Question - Passports and Kids

WDWPrincess
10-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I will be at EPCOT soon with a five year old and nine year old. I remember reading once that you can get a "passport" for a child to have stamped in each country you visit?

Can anyone give me information about how this works, where to go and is it worth it?

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2013, 01:13 PM
This is apart of the kidcot program. There is a free and not free version to this program. The free version you can go to any pavilion and they can get you started with a duffy cardboard that your children can color and learn about the culture in each location around the world showcase. The not free version does involve a passport as well as the cardboard duffy. Sadly i don't know how much the passport is but i believe you can get them in the two showcase shops.

as for is it worth it its up to your children if they truly want to learn about the culture and learn maybe how to say hello in another language then absolutely it is

Strmchsr
10-01-2013, 01:18 PM
You can buy that at most giftshops for around $10. It's pretty cool for kids and the cast members have fun writing things in their language for the kids. You can also get a paper Duffy on a stick that can be stamped or colored at no cost. The Passport is cooler, but the Duffy on a stick is free.

PopPhan
10-01-2013, 02:00 PM
You can also get a paper Duffy on a stick...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this comment got me rolling....All I could think about when I read this was Jeff Dunham's routine with 'Jose Jalapeno....on a steek'!! And, of course, I had to read that line in Jose's voice!!

Even though I am an adult, (except when in WDW!! And debatable elsewhere.) I would like one of those passports for myself. It would be a nice way to remember some of the great CMs in World Showcase!

Aurora
10-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Even though I am an adult, (except when in WDW!! And debatable elsewhere.) I would like one of those passports for myself. It would be a nice way to remember some of the great CMs in World Showcase!

That's just what happened to us during the year 2000 celebration at Epcot when they had the Millennium Village, full of countries that didn't have permanent pavilions. It was wonderful walking from "country" to "country" talking to the CMs, who wrote little messages in the kids passports. Great memories!

Kenny1113
10-01-2013, 03:05 PM
My kids really enjoyed doing the (paid)passport. It comes with an EPCOT button as well. It's nice when the CM writes a little message in that country's language.

Strmchsr
10-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but this comment got me rolling....All I could think about when I read this was Jeff Dunham's routine with 'Jose Jalapeno....on a steek'!! And, of course, I had to read that line in Jose's voice!!

I'm glad you caught it. That's exactly what was going through my head when I wrote it. :D

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2013, 04:43 PM
My youngest son has enjoyed doing the passport on our last few trips. As someone already pointed out the passport costs around $10. We purchased ours at the Duffy shop right after you enter WS, headed towards Mexico.

It's a great way to get kids interested in that part of the park. My kids love Epcot no matter what, but I can see it as a great way to get those kids who think "Epcot is boring" to get more into it.

Gator
10-07-2013, 03:52 PM
My kids love the Epcot passport stams. They usually get this paper Duffy on a stick. Then each nation stamps it and does some art on it. A lot of fun forthe kids. Also a lot of fun is the Phineas and Ferb mystery game. Take's a little time, but my kids loved it. We did the Norway version and the Germany version. The last one has a great finish.

Janmac
10-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Not sure what's currently on the stick. Agent P has also been on the stick. Choice of the bear or the platypus.

We've done both. Our 10 year old grandson preferred the [not free] passport while our 9 year old granddaughter loved the (then current) mask on a stick. (a few years ago)

Jan

Strmchsr
10-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Not sure what's currently on the stick. Agent P has also been on the stick. Choice of the bear or the platypus.

As of this afternoon those are still the choices.

bxrluv
10-09-2013, 06:09 PM
My girls loved doing it even up until their teens. Have many photos of them in each spot. They also enjoyed the Kimpossible scavenger hunt which I believe is now Phineas and Ferb. They are going to be 16 and 21 on this trip and are excited about it!:thumbsup:

GoldenDreams
10-21-2013, 10:36 PM
We found the coloring stations to be a nice break for our son when he was little. When kids are used to playing all day, the parks can be overwhelming and this is a nice quiet activity where they can get some individual attention and see what their name looks like written in Chinese or Japanese. Sometimes the stations are located in a store or museum display where the parents can look around while the kids color. We only did the free activity.

Dakota Rose
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
I read on a less reliable discussion board that the passports can also be purchased in the Mission space gift shop or other Future World shops. Anyone know?

Heather_
01-04-2014, 09:31 PM
We purchased one in future world, but I don't remember which shop. I think I even saw them at the kiosk outside the park near the monorail. My stepdaughter (8) did both types and really enjoyed it.

Katzateer
01-04-2014, 10:37 PM
You can also get free ones during some special events at Epcot. I got a free one during the Holidays around the world. It was fun to get it stamped in each country and talk to the cast members. Also , the flower show has a special one and I believe there is one for food and wine.

My girls did get the official looking one for about $10 when they were younger and enjoyed getting it stamped.