PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed: FP+ / Magic Bracelet ?

Donald Duck
10-01-2013, 12:00 PM
We are staying at POR in December.
There are 4 of us.
We booked room & tickets thru Disney and I plan to start making FP+ reservations 60 days out.

A relative of ours, who lives in Florida, might be meeting us down there.
He will be buying his own ticket.

I added him to my Friends list on My Disney Experience.

According to the Disney travel agent, since we have a package with tickets included I don't have to enter the tickets online to make FP+ reservations. 60 days out I can start making FP+ reservations.

Is that true ?

If our relative in Florida gives me his ticket number, will I be able to include him when I make my FP+ reservations ?

Also, will our relative be able to get a Magic bracelet at Disney ?
We will receive ours in the mail before we go.

Thank you.

:mickey:

Donald Duck

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2013, 12:57 PM
According to the Disney travel agent, since we have a package with tickets included I don't have to enter the tickets online to make FP+ reservations. 60 days out I can start making FP+ reservations.

Is that true ?

For those that already have tickets yes thats true

If our relative in Florida gives me his ticket number, will I be able to include him when I make my FP+ reservations ?
as far as we know yes as long as s/he purchases the tickets ahead of time. if not then they will have to see whats available that day.

Based on everything that has been said about the magic bands yes tho s/he might not have a choice on color. When you get told to customise yours you will be given a choice of colors and you can even change your name to your nick name if you prefer.

Keep in mind this is all based on current testing knowledge of what we know about FP+ and magic band system things may or may not change but i'm sure they will let us know.

Donald Duck
10-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Is that true ?

For those that already have tickets yes thats true

as far as we know yes as long as s/he purchases the tickets ahead of time. if not then they will have to see whats available that day.

Based on everything that has been said about the magic bands yes tho s/he might not have a choice on color. When you get told to customise yours you will be given a choice of colors and you can even change your name to your nick name if you prefer.

Keep in mind this is all based on current testing knowledge of what we know about FP+ and magic band system things may or may not change but i'm sure they will let us know.

Thanks Capt_redshirt.
He doesn't care what color it is. :mickey:

Where would he have to go in WDW to get his bracelet ?

If he gets his ticket soon and I am able to include him with our FP+ reservations, when he gets his bracelet, will it automatically be linked to the FP+ reservations I made online ?

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I dont know the answer to that. It could be any ticket location. but since they havent announced any info about how magic bands are going to be released at time of release you might have to wait or have him call disney

If he gets his ticket soon and I am able to include him with our FP+ reservations, when he gets his bracelet, will it automatically be linked to the FP+ reservations I made online ?
Yes just as long as you include him in FP+ reservation and he has set his account up online. he should be able to see it in his itinerary on my disney experience.

Donald Duck
10-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes just as long as you include him in FP+ reservation and he has set his account up online. he should be able to see it in his itinerary on my disney experience.

Thanks. I forgot about that. :mickey:

He would have to set up an account in My Disney Experience and enter his ticket number right ?
Once he does that I should be able to add him to our FP+ reservations ?

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2013, 04:17 PM
yes and you also have to add him on your friends and family list and he will have to accept the invite as well

VWL Mom
10-01-2013, 04:55 PM

As an off-site guest he may not get a Magic Band but rather an RFID encrypted ticket. They have not announced when bands will be rolled out for those guests or AP holders. He still would be able to use the FP+ features as Capt Redshirt explained them.

Polynesian Dweller
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM

As an off-site guest he may not get a Magic Band but rather an RFID encrypted ticket. They have not announced when bands will be rolled out for those guests or AP holders. He still would be able to use the FP+ features as Capt Redshirt explained them.

Right. At this point off site guests cannot get Magic Bands and there has been no announcement of when or if they can.