PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service restaurant suggestions for healthy eaters needed please!

Diznut
10-01-2013, 08:48 AM
My family and I are returning to Disney in February and are looking for healthy (and yummy) Quick Service restaurants in all 4 parks and downtown. Thank you in advance!

Dulcee
10-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Epcot is easily the best park for that. Many of the world showcase eateries (Morocco and Japan come to mind as having great healthy options)

Sunshine Seasons is also a good choice.

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2013, 10:30 AM
MK- Columbia Harbour House has some good "healthier" options.

EPCOT- Sunshine Season has great options, and many of the World Showcase countries have great variety.

DHS- honestly, really not sure. We don't do QS here very often.

AK- Flame Tree has a smoked/rotisserie type chicken that is pretty good.

Many locations in all 4 parks have salad options. And you can always find a fruit stand or two in each park.

DonaldDuckUSA
10-01-2013, 10:44 AM
I hear that Flame Tree has a really good BBQ chicken salad.

SBETigg
10-01-2013, 12:22 PM
They pretty much all have one or two healthy options on the menu. And beware the salads. Salad sounds healthy, but it's not always the healthiest option (as healthy eaters know) depending on what's on it and the dressing.

Arielfan98
10-01-2013, 04:19 PM
1. Columbia Harbour House-Liberty Square-Magic Kingdom. They feature fresh salads, soups and sandwiches. They do offer your typical burger/fry fare if you do choose to go to the unhealthy side.

2. Backlot Express-Hollywood Studios, near Star Tours. They offer sandwiches and salads. I always get the southwest chicken salad and highly recommend it. Once again, this place also offers fried fare if you do choose to do so.

3. EPCOT-You're options here are endless. World Showcase has many different countries that typically feature at least one healthy option. I typically eat at China or Japan and get a grilled chicken and veggie with rice sort of thing. Otherwise EPCOT offers the Sunshine Seasons at The Land and they offer fresh food that is straight from "The Land". Some examples include roasted chicken, Mongolian beef and rice, fresh salads, etc.

4. Animal Kingdom-I'm not much of an AK expert, but last time we ate at Flame Tree BBQ. They offer a fruit plate served with yogurt, 1/2 grilled chicken and a smoky chicken salad. AK also offers a nice fruit stand outside of Kilimanjaro Safari that my family always stops by. They always offer a great selection of fresh fruit.

SBETigg
10-01-2013, 07:22 PM
1. Columbia Harbour House-Liberty Square-Magic Kingdom. They feature fresh salads, soups and sandwiches. They do offer your typical burger/fry fare if you do choose to go to the unhealthy side.

Minor correction. Columbia Harbour House does offer some healthy options, like delicious sandwiches on whole grain bread, and a decent salad or two, plus a vegetarian chili. But they are not a burger/fry place. They are mainly a fried chicken/shrimp/fish place. There is no burger on the menu here.

Arielfan98
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Minor correction. Columbia Harbour House does offer some healthy options, like delicious sandwiches on whole grain bread, and a decent salad or two, plus a vegetarian chili. But they are not a burger/fry place. They are mainly a fried chicken/shrimp/fish place. There is no burger on the menu here.

Thanks for the correction. I do admit I am wrong, but the "burger/fry" reference was more of a general idea to represent the fried things.

SBETigg
10-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the correction. I do admit I am wrong, but the "burger/fry" reference was more of a general idea to represent the fried things.

But that's what so many people love about CHH, that it's not the typical burger fare. So I thought it was worth mentioning.

Also, around the corner from that, there's a Sleepy Hollow stand that offers baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes, great for a meal or a snack.

Kairi_7378
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
One of the things that we have done in an effort to eat "healty" is to share some QS meals. A few places where this is possible and where healthier fare is available are Flame Tree BBQ and Tangerine Cafe.

At MK, I enjoy the Lighthouse Sandwich at Columbia Harbor House. There are lots of options at Epcot- I think that Sunshine Seasons is a good choice in Future World. We are not fans of the CS in DHS with the exception of Starring Rolls.

disneynarula
10-06-2013, 06:17 AM
We found pretty healthy options in most places. World Showcase in Epcot is the best.

JerseyDad
10-06-2013, 03:32 PM
.....the vegetarian chili at Columbia Harbor House (in MK) is wonderful ...and doesn't seem to be "vegetarian" at all.

.....there are numerous healthy options in Epcot in World Showcase.

DisneyFan1979
10-07-2013, 12:21 PM
I second all those who have mentioned Sunshine Seasons. Also, if you're willing to go out of Epcot--you can walk out the International Gateway and get a delicious grilled chicken sandwich at the Beach Club pool bar (there is an outdoor eating area that you do don't have to go through the pool to get to).
There are lots of places online to view the restaurant menus before you go. I highly recommend that. Also, remember that you can always have something plain or substitute out the fries to make something healthier. For example, Disney has been trying to fancy up their burgers with things like bacon, onion rings, and the like--you can always ask for a burger plain and then just add healthier toppings like lettuce and tomato. Also, if there are any light eaters in the group, don't forget to look at the kids meals. For example, in Cosmic Rays at MK, the chicken fingers for adults are heavily breaded and fried and the kids' ones are just lightly breaded.
I pretty much eat turkey and chicken and do not like spicy things--I had no problem finding appropriate fastfood options in all the parks.