PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Reviews

etibbetts
09-30-2013, 03:12 PM
I posted the TS reviews from my 14 night trip this month, but wanted to post some CS reviews too.

Caribbean Beach - We were staying at CBR so ate here daily for breakfast and a few times for lunch/dinner. My biggest recommendation to anyone staying here is to visit the sandwich shop. The cuban breakfast sandwich was a big hit with our group. Most of us had it every morning. Their Royale Sandwich, Turkey BLT and Cuban Sandwiches were all very good. They were also very big - so enough to share. A few of us tried the Turkey dinner plate and really enjoyed that. The only negative was the burger - one of them came out way under cooked. The only item they need help with is dessert - I missed the sundae bar at Pop while staying here.

Cosmic Rays - Had the ribs/chicken combo. The ribs were very fatty. Next trip just had the chicken sandwich, loved having the toppings bar. others did the burgers, pulled pork - said they were pretty standard.

Water parks - Ate at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon each twice. I find these only offer standard burger, nugget, pizza fare. Did try the Turkey Pesto sandwich and that was good - much better than the standard fare.

Hollywood Studios - it was one of those places on the tower of terror street, forget the name. Had the pizza. Average CS pizza. It was later in the evening so only this row of restaurants were serving. Nothing I'd run back for.

Sunshine Seasons (The Land) - Everyone enjoyed this lunch a lot. I had the Asian spicy chicken and boy was it spicy! Others had the chicken salad, rot. chicken and sweet and sour chicken. Only drawback was a creme brulee dessert that wasn't cooked enough - but they were really good to let us exchange it for something else.

Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace) - by far my favorite CS location. We ate here multiple times. Everything at this place is great. I had the pizza a couple times. It puts all WDW CS pizza to shame. Also had the Turkey Club, loved it. Others had pizza, meatloaf, rot. chicken, mac & cheese, nuggets (can you tell we went here a few times?). The only weird thing was when my mom was eating her meatloaf there was a bolt in it. Yes a bolt! We called the server over and he immediatly brought it back. The chef came out and apologized, apparently the presser they use for the meatloaf sometimes does that and the guy using the machine didn't catch it? He got her a new meatloaf immediately (bolt free). I equate this CS to a TS location. Food is just as good and the service is amazing. We always make sure to tip our servers well here since they wait on you just like at a TS location.

I think that's everywhere we had CS meals. Let me know if you have any questions on any of them.

Disneywarrior
09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Yea Wolf Gang Puck's Express is fantastic! We also eat there multiple times every year. Very good food! The spicy chicken pizza is my favorite!

k10
09-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the CS reviews. I'm laughing to myself b/c we probably stayed at CBR overlapping days and my group, too, went to Blizzard Beach. Sounds like you had an awesome 14 day trip.

Interesting to hear about the food at CBR, as we never ate there. Thanks for sharing.

:)

SBETigg
09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I can't avoid World Showcase for CS when I visit WDW, so many good things, but I finally made it to Sunshine Seasons and discovered that it was pretty good, too. Glad you had a good trip, good meals!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Wolf Gang Puck is our favorite too. Thanks for reporting

KathyMO
09-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Wolf Gang Puck is my favorite too. Can't wait to get the BBQ Chicken Pizza in November. :eat:

Middle of the Map
10-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Love Wolfgang Puck Express, but I didn't get a bolt last time I ate there, just delicious pizza and salad. :D

Hollywood Studios is my least favorite place to eat, and they do almost roll up the sidewalks after a certain hour. It's as if they can't wait to get people to leave the park.

Thanks for the reviews.

MrPeetrie
10-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the review.

I absolutely LOVE Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace). I look forward to eating there each time we're in Downtown Disney!