PDA

View Full Version : Table Service Dining Reviews

etibbetts
09-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Just back from a 14 night stay and wanted to share my table service dining reviews.

Sci-Fi - Great experience. The "movie" and atmosphere is really fun. Everyone in our party loved their meals. I had the chicken pasta and ate the entire thing! Steaks were cooked just right and had great flavor. Definetly a huge improvement from my last visit there three years ago.

Garden Grill - Food and service were excellent. My only issue was they originally seated us at a fabulous table however it was way too small. We were a party of seven and you could of fit 5 max here. So then we had to leave the restaurant and wait until they could get us a table that was big enough. No apologies from them. Our reservation was for 7 people and we are not large people, so I was really annoyed with this. Other than the seating issue, we really enjoyed the character interaction, food and our waitress.

House of Blues - this was so-so. Some of my party enjoyed their food, others thought it was just ok. Our food ranged from steak, lobster mac & cheese, jambalya (sp?) to fried chicken. The atmosphere was not something I particularly enjoyed. We'll skip this one in the future.

Rainforest Cafe - We went to the one at AK. Food was average. I had the steak and shrimp combo. Others had seafood and ribs. Everyone thought it was ok - very overpriced. Their system went down as we finished our meal so we had to wait approx 30 minutes after eating to pay. It was frustrating.

Crystal Palace - Went for Breakfast for my nephews birthday. In the past I always thought the CP was just ok, however I loved it for breakfast. Pooh's puffed french toast was awesome! I'd go again just for that. Even the picky kids loved it. Everything was really good. Character interaction was good (not as plentiful as Garden Grill though). I would recommend breakfast here.

Hoop Dee Doo - This was awesome. We've been and seen the show many times and always enjoy it. This was the first time we did category 1 (included on dining plan if you go to the 8:30 show). We had a great table right up front. Our server Nancy was wonderful. My niece was picked to go on stage as a pioneer girl. Food was awesome. Highly recommend this show. The kids said they'd like to come here every night!

Teppan Edo - I know a lot of people say you can get hibatchi at home so to skip this, but I love it. We had absolutely fabulous service. The food was delicious. I had the steak and shrimp combo, others had swordfish, scallops, filet and chicken. Everything was cooked to perfection. Had a great time here.

50's Prime Time - All the adults in our party tried Mom's Sampler. The meatloaf left a lot to be desired, but the pot roast and fried chicken were good. Service was good, playful. This is a good stop in Hollywood Studios.

Boma - This was our first time trying Boma. We are not adventurous eaters so I went in expecting not to like it. However, there really was something on the menu for everyone. I enjoyed my meal there. My sister/BIL however did not enjoy it. I think it's one of those places that you either like or hate.

Biergarten (Germany) - This is one of our favorites. Being a party of 7 we are never seated with strangers. Food was excellent. We went in about 15 minutes before the show started. The kids loved that (just be prepared that most kids will be dancing and not eating much during the show). Loved the baked mac & cheese.

Captain's Grille - Adult meals were great (steak, braised short ribs, fish, crab legs). The kids nuggets looked the same as the ones from the food court and the portion was very small. Service was good.

Liberty Tree Tavern - Had dinner here. They have family style (very similar to Garden Grill). Loved all the food except for the salad. The dressing had no flavor, it was like just eating dry lettuce. Everything else was super though. We really enjoyed this meal.

Chef's De France - We went here on our last night. We decided to try and check in a little early and to our delight they took us right in! The kids had nuggets, no problem to substitute fries for the pasta that comes with them. The nuggets were real and not the pressed CS ones. Kids loved them. I had the macaroni and cheese - wasn't that impressed with it. Enjoyed my french onion soup and creme brulee though. Others had the filet and another dish I can't recall.... They loved theirs though. Service was great.

I'll try to review the CS selections soon. If you have any specific questions about any of these meals, let me know!

k10
09-30-2013, 01:43 PM
thanks for sharing. your reviews are helpful for my future dining experiences. Prime Time Diner and Captain's Grill being 2 of my to-dos in the near future.

:mickey:

SBETigg
09-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Sounds great. Thanks for the reviews

jenperich
09-30-2013, 11:46 PM
We're trying Biergarten for the first time this trip! I'm so glad it's a favorite of yours. Thanks for the reviews!

Susan A
10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
I've always wanted to try Biergarten How loud is it? My kids don't like loud events (yes, I know Disney is loud).
We went to a festival this weekend and my son didn't want to get too close to the stage.

etibbetts
10-01-2013, 12:05 PM
We did lunch at 2pm and the restaurant was actually pretty dead. It was quiet until the show started. When the show was going on it did get loud. It wasn't anything we couldn't have a conversation over though. I hope that helps.

Lindsey310
10-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Great reviews!! Would you do chefs de France or Biergarten again? That's on our list!

18 days!! :joy:

etibbetts
10-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Yes - our family has done Biergarten and Chefs de France many times and would certainly do them again! If my brother in law had his way, we would eat at Germany every day!

merciantinkerbell
10-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Very helpful. Would like to try Teppan Edo as can't get Japanese food in this part of the UK, and Biergarten looks fun. Anyone tried the new California Grill? Hubby says would like it for his 50th birthday dinner next year. Sorry if shouldn't ask this question on this thread. Fairly new to all this.

MrPeetrie
10-03-2013, 03:58 PM
etibbetts, great review. Very thorough. Thanks.

Just looking at where you ate, it seems you had a great vacation.

Middle of the Map
10-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Enjoyed your reviews very much.

So glad that SciFi finally is getting their act together on the food. They have such a fabulous venue, and it's a shame they had so much trouble in the past. I'll definitely give it another try when I come back.