PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass + Reservations made for November

DisneyBarb
09-29-2013, 11:43 PM
I was able to make FP reservations under my disney experience for our trip beginning November 16th. I was surprised because I did not know it was officially being rolled out (I knew they were currently testing). I"m happy because I'm a planner but not sure if I want to be this planned!

So does this mean its official? BTW when I checked a couple of weeks ago it did not let me!

Strmchsr
09-30-2013, 07:35 AM
It's official that things have been extended into Nov. Disney hasn't said if this will be the full "live" release or if it's still in Beta mode.

DisneyBarb
09-30-2013, 08:06 AM
It's official that things have been extended into Nov. Disney hasn't said if this will be the full "live" release or if it's still in Beta mode.

Thanks, I must have missed that in the many posts about FP+, last I knew it was ending in Octobeer. I also think I will like the magic bands given that I'm usual the holder of the tickets!

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Thanks, I must have missed that in the many posts about FP+, last I knew it was ending in October. I also think I will like the magic bands given that I'm usual the holder of the tickets!

I think Disney is intentionally keep a low profile on announcing who gets to test anymore. The way they are doing it now, by simply enabling FP+ on folks MDE account and hoping that the Guest figures out they are now eligible, allows Disney to test the system using people who know what they are doing and know their way around technology. Those are the easy test dummies because they don't have to be hand-held through the process. Now once Disney goes all in, good luck getting Granny to figure out FP+ when her idea of a smart phone is a pay-phone that makes change and the only ride she wants to reserve at WDW is the Matterhorn that she saw on TV once!

PopPhan
09-30-2013, 09:18 AM
I think Disney is intentionally keep a low profile on announcing who gets to test anymore. The way they are doing it now, by simply enabling FP+ on folks MDE account and hoping that the Guest figures out they are now eligible, allows Disney to test the system using people who know what they are doing and know their way around technology. Those are the easy test dummies because they don't have to be hand-held through the process.

Not a good way of handling this thing....Not everyone checks their MDE daily. If it wasn't for the posts on here, I would probably have waited until I heard something from Disney on testing/implementation.

Even so, my trip is still 65 days away and nothing has shown on MDE yet.....Checking daily.....

DisneyBarb
09-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Not a good way of handling this thing....Not everyone checks their MDE daily. If it wasn't for the posts on here, I would probably have waited until I heard something from Disney on testing/implementation.

Even so, my trip is still 65 days away and nothing has shown on MDE yet.....Checking daily.....

I agree, I was going to wait for a notification from Disney, but luckily I'm a bit disney obsessed that I tried again. Typically, the time we go we have had to use very few if any fastpasses. I was a bit worried that if they were still testing FP+ and we were not included that lines would be longer then normal for this time of year.

I will report when I return for sure!

Strmchsr
09-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Disney put out an announcement this morning that the whole + system is going "live" in October and will no longer be considered in Beta phase. It will happen in phases by resorts but all resorts will be completely online by the end of October.

Kenny1113
09-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Not looking good for me to be able to get fast pass+ times when we get there. :(

badkitty
09-30-2013, 10:04 PM
So this isn't looking good for my trip the first of November then. I can't get my AP to link and no one has been able to help me yet. If it live in October, I'll be in the standby lines. Not happy. What was wrong with the old way?

Strmchsr
10-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Okay for those of you with AP problems, this may not help you at this moment if you've already bought them, but here's how to handle it going forward - go ahead and purchase your tickets for the park as per normal. Have a package or buy them separately. Those tickets will give you the confirmation number so you can go ahead and gets your FP+. Then, when you arrive at WDW, upgrade your tickets to AP. You'll be credited the amount you paid on the tickets towards your AP. So, you're not out anything and you'll be able to book your FP+ as you need. Simple solution. For those of you who have already bought your AP voucher - call and ask to have it switched to regular tickets. Not sure if they can do that, but it would be worth checking.