PDA

View Full Version : Tiw

disney obsessed
09-26-2013, 11:23 PM
When I arrive in WDW on oct 6 I will be getting my first annual pass. ( I know, I am so excited! It only took 35 trips over 16 years. :cloud9:)

Should I invest in tables in wonderland or not? It seems limiting as to where you can use it and the annual already gives 10%, excluding alcohol.

What are you'alls thoughts?

AgentC
09-27-2013, 12:00 AM
It depends on how much you are going to use it and how you eat. Although the annual pass gives you a discount, it does not give you a discount at as many restaurants as the TIW (for example no MK locations are included) and there are time of day and day of the week restrictions (Most Epcot locations are Mon-Friday and only lunch).

TIW does not have these restrictions and as you mentioned includes alcohol. Your AP will include a few places not included on TIW like T Rex and Rainforest.TIW also includes a few counter service locations.

The other factor is how much do you spend on sit down meals. Since TIW costs $100, the first $500 you spend on meals pays for the card so if you aren't going to spend that much it is probably note worth it for you.

I do love my TIW card. For us, it has really paid off. I usually have paid for the card after about 3-4 days of meals. The is good for about 13 months so I get lots of use out of it.

DisneyDINK
09-27-2013, 10:26 AM
DW and I got one in February and we're at WDW a total of 18 days this year. If you don't net out the AP savings the card paid for itself in our first 5 day trip and then some. I pretty much used it for every dinner and just one lunch at the Flame Tree (oh yeah, drinks at the Crew's Cup too...). If I net out the 10% where I could have saved by just using the AP discount (subtract the alcohol) it probably would take us another 2 days to break even, just a guess. I have 9 more days ahead. For me it a definite value.

The restaurants that honor the TIW card are the ones DW and I want to eat at anyway, so no problems there.