PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands and the airport

angua85
09-26-2013, 05:56 PM
We received our magic bands for our upcoming late-October trip. The instructions are to have them for the start of our trip. Do we need to worry about airport security scans?

Thank you so much.

BrerGnat
09-26-2013, 07:06 PM
No. You don't nees to wear them to the airport. Just have them available in your carry on bag,

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-26-2013, 09:45 PM
And no, there will be no issues with having them in your carry-on bags.

stephicakes
09-27-2013, 05:36 AM
We just got back on Wednesday and saw people getting off the planes at MCO with them on already, as well as pulling them out of their pockets to pass out to their families. Security was most likely aware of them already so no issues.

Have fun! :mickey:

showmethemouse
10-11-2013, 02:51 PM
i just came back yesterday and had mine on the hold time.I said Security if i had to take if off and they said no :mickey::mickey::mickey:have fun on you trip

Scar
10-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Not having seen one of these yet, could someone please enlighten me as to why this would even be a concern?

Capt_redshirt
10-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Not having seen one of these yet, could someone please enlighten me as to why this would even be a concern?

I think they are worried that the RFID chip in the band will be ruined by x ray and metal scanners the reality is unless they are being scanned by a scanner these devices remain dormant so no worries