PDA

View Full Version : Pirates???

Scott C
09-26-2013, 04:35 PM
I noticed on our recent trip that each time we rode POC there seemed to be a definate effort to stuff as many guests as possible into each boat. Our party of two was always combined with another to fill the boat. This seemed to make the boat heavier and wound up getting much more wet than normal. Anybody else notice this????

Thanks
Scott C

Pop Centurion
09-26-2013, 04:55 PM
I've experienced being stuffed into a row last Thanksgiving when it was busy & they were trying to keep things moving quickly.

I don't think it has too much effect on getting wet as I've been hearing a bunch of talk about people claiming to get pretty wet as of recent.

Arielfan98
09-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Since making FP+ for the ride, lines have been really long. It would be much less crowds if everyone just waited.

Dulcee
09-27-2013, 07:38 AM
POTC boats can hold four to most rows. Filling rows is more efficient on wait times, if it was busy while you were there or you had a good cast member it would make sense to fill your row.

BrerGnat
09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Didn't they just change out the boats too? Maybe the newer ones are what is causing people to get more wet.

theplys
09-27-2013, 10:41 AM
We were stuffed into the front row with two other people. My husband and I are not little people. We asked to wait for the next boat, and the cast member proceeded to have two more people file in behind us.

My left shorts pocket was soaked. Luckily my cell phone was in my right pocket.

It was a very hard to understand experience.

I've read about bad cast member experiences, and always thought - how does that happen. Now I know.

DizneyFreak2002
09-27-2013, 10:43 AM
The new boats have a leakage problem...

grumpyguy
09-27-2013, 11:05 AM
We just got back last weekend.We were lucky enough to ride pirates twice.While the wait was 30 minutes each time we didn't get stuffed into a boat at all.We are a party of two and we had our own row each time.
Can't say I witnessed this happening at all.Fact,
I commented to my wife on our second ride that the very last row of the boat was roped off.Still a classic and worth the wait,great queue when it's 90 degrees outside and humid:thumbsup:

theplys
09-27-2013, 11:12 AM
That was the thing that was so hard to understand - it was a walk-on the day this happened to us. Why was she so determined that four people would ride in the front, small row?!

CaptSmee
09-27-2013, 12:04 PM
We were just there & it was very slow in the parks. They stuffed the boats like the OP said & we got stuck twice during the ride. A CM with a flashlight had to come & get us to rock the boat to get it unstuck.
Seemed like it must have been a common occurrence because they weren't surprised. Afterwards I couldn't get the rest of my party to go on it again rest of the trip they were so displeased with what happened :(

Main Street Jim
09-27-2013, 08:07 PM
We were stuffed into the front row with two other people. My husband and I are not little people. We asked to wait for the next boat, and the cast member proceeded to have two more people file in behind us.

My left shorts pocket was soaked. Luckily my cell phone was in my right pocket.

It was a very hard to understand experience.

I've read about bad cast member experiences, and always thought - how does that happen. Now I know.I'm not sure how this was a "bad" experience....as you asked to wait for the next boat. It sounds like they allowed you to wait, so I'm not sure *how* that was..."bad"...<?>.

Part of the CMs' job is to fill "each and every row" as best as they can. They need to "hit their hourly capacity" as they are pushed by Management to meet those numbers, especially during the peak hours of each day. Splash Mountain, it's a small world, Gran Fiesta Tour, and Maelstrom are very similar attractions. But it's not just those attractions; each and every one is "budgeted" (for maintenance, operating Cast, etc.) based on meeting those hourly numbers.

DNS
09-28-2013, 03:15 PM
I am sorry to hear this. Pirates has always been my favorite ride and adding to that is the fact that we usually aren't squished into the seats like we are on some of the other rides.

Scott C
09-29-2013, 07:14 PM
The one fact that bothers me here is that is seems to me that they load the ride quicker than they can unload it. There is always a line of boats backed up at the exit. Which has always seemed to me to be bad show. It is hard for me to enjoy the final scenes with other boats slamming into ours.

Thanks
Scott c

Opus X
09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
We just went in May and never then nor before that have experienced this....never any issues

stephicakes
09-30-2013, 05:51 AM
The one fact that bothers me here is that is seems to me that they load the ride quicker than they can unload it. There is always a line of boats backed up at the exit. Which has always seemed to me to be bad show. It is hard for me to enjoy the final scenes with other boats slamming into ours.

Yes - this happened to us both times we rode it last week. At least 4-5 boats waiting to unload at the end. Once it was during the 3 o'clock parade and the CMs were cleaning the boats - probably the best time to do it in anticipation of MNSSHP crowds - and that seems to be what was slowing things down. I don't mind waiting a minute or two to unload, but those boats can slam into each other pretty hard... :(

awaggett
09-30-2013, 12:37 PM
I noticed this last week--in the past I don't ever remember someone else sharing our row, but both times last week they added people to our row (we were 2). Not a big deal, but I just didn't remember that from before. Also, I noticed earlier this month and last week that when you get out a CM jumps in the boat to bail water out--that was "new" to me too.

theplys
09-30-2013, 12:48 PM
The only reason it was a problem is that we were in the front row. It was too much weight for the front row to take the hill. We plowed in deep and the result - a drenching wave! Like I said - so glad my cell phone was in my other pocket. If not, it would have been ruined on the spot. Also glad I was wearing crocs- not socks and shoes. That would have required a trip back to the room.

I don't mind sharing any other row on the entire ride. It just has very soggy results in the front row!

Melanie
09-30-2013, 01:16 PM
The only reason it was a problem is that we were in the front row. It was too much weight for the front row to take the hill. We plowed in deep and the result - a drenching wave! Like I said - so glad my cell phone was in my other pocket. If not, it would have been ruined on the spot. Also glad I was wearing crocs- not socks and shoes. That would have required a trip back to the room.

I don't mind sharing any other row on the entire ride. It just has very soggy results in the front row!

I see your point, absolutely. And isn't that front row not as wide either? Or am I thinking of It's a Small World?