PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Magical Christmas (for the newbie)

Laughin' place
09-26-2013, 01:41 PM
I am a long-time WDW vet, but have nevger been to the Christmas party. We have tickets for Nov 14, as part of a surprise engagement trip. Needless to say, I am doing everything I can to make this trip as magical as possible for my new fiancee (i hope...)
Right now, I have ADR at San Angel for 430pm. Plan on dinner there, then to the party. Does this make sense, or should I make other dinner plans ?
I dont know much about the party...
when to go
what to do
what to do when... etc
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Lindsey310
09-26-2013, 02:36 PM
So excited for you!!!
I think the dinner idea is a perfect time...san angel is very romantic. Good choice!! :thumbsup:

Get to the party as soon as you finish dinner. They let people in as early as 4 so I would do some rides...they will prob be mostly walk on.

You can switch up the itinerary (get a guide map as soon as you get there) but this is what we did:

7:45 get a spot for the parade. We sat in frontierland and there was no one there, however we didn't see the snow on Main Street. We saw the 8:15 parade.

8:45- totally tomorrowland Christmas show.

9:30 holiday wishes.

10:05-celebrate the season show.

Make sure you make time to get hot chocolate and cookies. We stopped at the crystal palace on the way out.

Have a great time!!! You will love it!! :santa3:

23 days!!!! :cloud9:

Strmchsr
09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
You can get into MK with your party ticket starting at 4. If you eat at San Angel at 4:30 you'll be arriving at MK between 6 and 6:30 which is a very high traffic time as party goers are entering and non-party goers are starting to leave. If you can get an ADR in MK that would be better or do your San Angel for lunch and then do a counter service in MK for supper. It's best to get into MK by 5 if possible to avoid the big rush even though the party doesn't start until 7.

As for what to see/do it's pretty much just the parade and fireworks and the special character meet n greets. So get in line for the characters you care about most then find a good place to watch the parade and fireworks.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-27-2013, 11:14 PM
I agree with Chris, I'd get there as close to 4pm or right after. I'd try to switch the ADR to another restaurant that day. And congrats on your upcoming engagement!