PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands and KTTW cards

WDWCrazyKaren
09-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Ok, for our upcoming Nov 12-19 trip, we have our Magic Bands on order, and we've made our FastPass+ ressies. Now, the rumors I've heard that during this testing phase, you can still (possibly) use your KTTW cards to pull regular fastpasses. Ok, great, I understand that. What I DON'T understand, is why you are given a KTTW card, if you have a magic band? Is everyone still automatically given a KTTW card at registration? Anyone know this?

Dizneyfan8
09-26-2013, 11:41 AM
I've been told by my travel agent that its because the magicbands are still in the testing phase and they give you a KTTW card as a backup in case, for some reason, your band doesn't work.
She just returned days ago from WDW and testing the magicbands and this was the case for her. I'm leaving Wednesday. I can't wait! We will all have lots of fun!

WDWCrazyKaren
09-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I've been told by my travel agent that its because the magicbands are still in the testing phase and they give you a KTTW card as a backup in case, for some reason, your band doesn't work.
She just returned days ago from WDW and testing the magicbands and this was the case for her. I'm leaving Wednesday. I can't wait! We will all have lots of fun!

Thank you for the info! Have a fantastic trip!

buzznwoodysmom
09-26-2013, 12:08 PM
From everything I have read guests are getting both because its still in the testing phase. Looks like I keep seeing an Oct. 25th roll out date for it to go live. It's anyone's guess if Disney will stop giving out the KTTW cards once it goes live for all guests.

Dizneyfan8
09-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the info! Have a fantastic trip!

You as well!!

Laughin' place
09-26-2013, 01:01 PM
We are there Nov 12-17, and havent been offered bands yet. We are staying at POR, so maybe it isnt scheduled to be in test there yet. Im an obsessive planner, especially since this is a very important surprise engagement trip. Id sure like to know if magic bands will or wont be part of my trip....:confused:

Scott C
09-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Ok, for our upcoming Nov 12-19 trip, we have our Magic Bands on order, and we've made our FastPass+ ressies. Now, the rumors I've heard that during this testing phase, you can still (possibly) use your KTTW cards to pull regular fastpasses. Ok, great, I understand that. What I DON'T understand, is why you are given a KTTW card, if you have a magic band? Is everyone still automatically given a KTTW card at registration? Anyone know this?

We were told at check-in at the poly that it was a backup in case there was a failure with the bands or readers. And yes, we were able to get reg FP with the cards as well as the FP+ with the bands.

Thanks
Scott C

Scott C
09-26-2013, 04:43 PM
We are there Nov 12-17, and havent been offered bands yet. We are staying at POR, so maybe it isnt scheduled to be in test there yet. Im an obsessive planner, especially since this is a very important surprise engagement trip. Id sure like to know if magic bands will or wont be part of my trip....:confused:

We were never told that we were getting them. I assume that you have a My Disney Experience account and/or app. Keep checking in on it and your band availability might magically appear

Thanks
Scott C

WDWCrazyKaren
09-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Thanks so much for your responses. I'm glad to hear that we will most likely still get the KTTW cards for backup.

Everyone have an AWESOME trip!

DisneyWorld1971
09-29-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't understand these bands. Where do you order them and what is the point?? We are going November 15-22.

TSLtrek
09-30-2013, 01:46 PM
We liked the bands when we went 2 weeks ago.

They are still having trouble with the scanners in the restaurants. I recall using my KTTW once or twice, but otherwise it was the magicband for room access, park access, FP access and charging purchases or dinner.

The kids enjoyed unlocking the room door and my 12 y.o. liked charging her QSM by herself.

Also, I never received notification...I fortunately just happened to notice in mydisneyexperience.com that I had a couple days left to customize them.

badkitty
09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
What if you don't want to wear a band. Do you have an option to have a regular card?

Mitzie
10-01-2013, 08:46 AM
From everything I have read guests are getting both because its still in the testing phase. Looks like I keep seeing an Oct. 25th roll out date for it to go live. It's anyone's guess if Disney will stop giving out the KTTW cards once it goes live for all guests.

We arrive on the 25th..should we expect widespread glitches? I know in the past when WDW made technology changes "things" happened. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well. I was also wondering if there is an alternative to the MB..DH isn't liking the idea of wearing that..

Scott C
10-01-2013, 08:46 PM
We arrive on the 25th..should we expect widespread glitches? I know in the past when WDW made technology changes "things" happened. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well. I was also wondering if there is an alternative to the MB..DH isn't liking the idea of wearing that..

Greetings from Evansville

We were there he second week in September. The only glitch that we encountered was that the scanner at captain cooks was down right before closing one night. You could still use your room key instead of the band, but encourage him to try it--it really is not that bad.

All in all is was a pretty good experience.

Enjoy

Scott C

Mitzie
10-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Greetings from Evansville

We were there he second week in September. The only glitch that we encountered was that the scanner at captain cooks was down right before closing one night. You could still use your room key instead of the band, but encourage him to try it--it really is not that bad.

All in all is was a pretty good experience.

Enjoy

Scott C

Hello fellow Hoosier! I was just worried about the wide spread roll out happening on the day we arrive. If that is when it happens. Since I like to plan this FP+ floats my boat. Excited to see how it all works out.