PDA

View Full Version : The Hunchback of Notre Dame

RBrooksC
09-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Now that Newflix has the Disney Movies, I have been trying to show my daughter and son some of the ones we haven't seen.

One of the films I haven't seen since I went to the theater to see it was The Hunchback.

My daughter, who is four, absolutely loves that movie and my son enjoys it, also. I have found it is one of my favorite Disney animated films because it isn't saccharine and schmaltzy.

But I have noticed besides releasing it on Bluray, I have never noticed anything in WDW that relates to this movie. I know that subject matter, the characters, etc are not the typical ones you would see around the parks, but I am a little surprised one doesn't see a Topsy-Turvey Day, a la Festival of Fools in the French Pavilion .

Am I off-base on this?

Dulcee
09-26-2013, 09:56 AM
They did have a stage show in Hollywood Studios, it was replaced by Beauty and the Beast.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Don't remember seeing the Hunchback but isn't the villan in Fantasmic? That's all I can think of right now

mgmnut
09-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes he is in Fantasmic.I seem to remember seeing that character (Claude Frollo) out in the parks for photos. Can't seem to remeber exactly where (EPCOT _ World Showcase maybe?)

DizneyFreak2002
09-26-2013, 07:22 PM
They did have a stage show in Hollywood Studios, it was replaced by Beauty and the Beast.

Beauty and the Beast opened November 1991... Hunchback opened June 1996 and closed September 2002.... B&tB did NOT replace Hunchback... Plus, they ran on two different stages... Want to know what replaced Hunchback? NOTHING...

Arielfan98
09-28-2013, 12:46 AM
It is sad but true. I mean you don't see any Hercules themed anything in the parks either. I do think Netflix is great with the kids, though. I babysit children 3-5 years old and they really do get a kick about picking whatever movie/show they want from the children category.