PDA

View Full Version : Crystal palace with teen boys

special ed teacher
09-25-2013, 07:14 AM
I would love to have breakfast at the Crystal Palace. Would teen boys enjoy the experience or is it just for young children?

Strmchsr
09-25-2013, 07:48 AM
It depends on whether your teen boys allow themselves to be "kids" again at WDW. Some do and some are "too cool" for it. It's Winnie the Pooh and friends. But, if they don't care about the characters they can just eat their breakfast and not participate. I don't think the breakfast (or any meal there) is worth it just for the food. It's more the atmosphere my family loves. The food isn't bad, but there are other places that are better. So, if they can enjoy the environment, go for it. If not, you might want to consider elsewhere.

faline
09-25-2013, 07:48 AM
I've been as an adult but I suspect that it would not be the first choice for teen boys. Why don't you ask them? Maybe they would be willing to go even if only to please you?

Pirate Granny
09-25-2013, 08:10 AM
If they aren't interested ; offer to go yourself, let them sleep in and meet you at a certain time at MK in front of the castle... Why pay that kind of money, let them sleep and get quick service breakfast or breakfast in the room.

T-Belle
09-26-2013, 09:35 AM
When my boy's were teens we would try to have a buffet scheduled each day. Not so much for the characters but for the all you can eat. You know how much teen boys can eat! Anyway, they didn't seem to mind the characters stopping by the table as they filled their plates up.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-26-2013, 10:14 AM
My teen son thought he was going to hate it and ended up having a blast. Tigger interacted with him on his level high fiving and doing the cool shake and pose. I say go for it

mdricks
09-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Heres how i did it....

"Hey boys, we are going to go eat at Crystal palace. I got a reservation before the park opens so we get to go in early. Then we can chow down and be first at the rope drop when the park opens. We will also get that picture in front of the castle your mom always wants out of the way."

They had a blast and we even missed the rope drop. The picture was great too!

:number1:

KylesMom
09-26-2013, 10:48 AM
When my boy's were teens we would try to have a buffet scheduled each day. Not so much for the characters but for the all you can eat. You know how much teen boys can eat! Anyway, they didn't seem to mind the characters stopping by the table as they filled their plates up.

I second this one - and while I do have some fun pictures of DS and I with the characters (Tigger and Eeyore in particular), Crystal Palace is a very nice option for us when we're spending the day at MK. Between the hot & cold buffet items there is always plenty to please! :mickey:

special ed teacher
09-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone!

disneynarula
09-27-2013, 10:18 AM
My boys (including DH) do not like the character breakfasts. It's a lot of money so DD and I go without them. At some point they figured out it was just a person in a costume:secret: and they weren't into it anymore.

Cinderelley
10-08-2013, 10:48 AM
My kids are adults now, but we started going when they were in their teens. Breakfast at Crystal Palace was one of the must-dos on every single kids list for our trip next year. Come to think of it, it has been on their lists for every trip we have been on since the first trip.

LVT
10-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Decent breakfast at almost ok price. My 2 sons are OK with it. It is more "for Mom" , but I see no problem with them doing something for me, instead of us catering to them.