PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite and why?

jclightchasr
09-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Please tell me what restaurant (you can name a couple if you want) in the following categories:
Sit down
Fast food
Fine dining
Please mention why and if there is something not to miss on the menu please share.

darthmacho
09-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Sit Down: Artist Point is my favorite restaurant in the entire world. I love the food, the atmosphere and the wine!

Fast Food: So many that I love, but I think Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is the best for food choices. Love it!

Fine Dining: Would also go with Artist Point. It's fine dining, but has a rustic flair that I love.

Dulcee
09-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Sit down (not signature) is ohana. We love the fun atmosphere, love spending some quality time at the poly, it always kicks off vacation for us.

Fast food we love the counter service at Morroco. I've yet to have a bad meal.

Signature (or fine dining) hands down, not to be missed, Jiko. The bbq duck. Oh my Lord.

Arielfan98
09-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Sit Down: Rose and Crown, UK Pavilion, EPCOT-Great service and great food. I love the atmosphere and my waiter was kind enough to let my family watch Illuminations from their special viewing area. In order to do this you may want to dine there for dinner no sooner than an hour before Illuminations.

Fast Food: 1. Columbia Harbour House, Liberty Square, MK. One of the few CS places that offers more than your typical burger and fry fare. I love the seafood, soups and fresh sandwiches.
2. Backlot Express, HS. They offer something for everyone, whether it's burgers, chicken tenders or my favorite, Southwest Chicken Salad with cilantro dressing. Best food location in HS.

Fine Dining: Turf Club Bar and Grill, Saratoga Springs Resort, DTD Area. A lot of people don't know about this place but this place is by far one of the best fine dining restaurants I've ever been to. They offer steaks, seafood and other signature entrees. I ordered the NY Strip Steak which came with lobster fondue :tasty: and vegetable. For desert I had a scrumptious apple crisp. The bread that was served for the table was top knotch and served with maple butter. We also ordered grilled romaine salad as an appetizer. This restaurant deserves 5/5 stars in my book and is a hidden gem (it's only 1 DP point!!!!) and afterwards you can take the boat to DTD for after dinner fun ;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Sit down-ohanas no menu it's all good from the yummy dumplings and other starters to the steak and the amazing bread pudding

Counter service-Wolf Gang Puck Express the pizza is great so is the Creme brulee

fine dining- the only two we've tried were Cinderellas Castle and Brown Derby .,I think the castle was better looking forward to trying Narcossees next trip

Kenny1113
09-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Sit down- Boma- love all the flavors!

Quick service- CHH love the hummus sand which and being able to get something other than a burger.

DonaldDuckUSA
09-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Please mention why and if there is something not to miss on the menu please share. - It's just DBF and myself so we sit at the bar for TS when we can. I hate making ADRs, so we usually try to snag seats this way. Our favorites are Prime Time and Yak and Yeti.

ThanxForNoticin
09-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Sit down - a tie between Boma and OHana. Just so much selection and good food at those places - not to mention lots of fun!

Counter Service - without a doubt, Mara at the AKL. Some trips we will actually go there just for lunch! The soups and flat breads - just amazing.

Fine Dining - For us it's probably California Grill - although we will need to check out the new and improved version to see if that is still true! We really enjoyed many of the appetizers they had there - I hope they haven't changed things too much!

ANG
09-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Sit down- Its a tie between Chef Mickey's for breakfast or Mama Melrose's for dinner

Fast food- best quick service is BOG

Fine dining- "finest" I've done at WDW is San Angel Inn

Maggie T
09-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Sit down= Liberty Tree and Ohana. Counter is Cosmic Rays. Would not turn down 1900 Parke Fare for any meal

Jared
09-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Sit down: 'Ohana at the Polynesian or Kouzzina at the BoardWalk.

Fast food: Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion of Epcot, Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion of Epcot, Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom or Be Our Guest in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom

Fine dining: Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Janmac
09-27-2013, 02:23 PM
We're the opposite of you - big extended family with at least one if not more kids. So we're big on character meals. Especially breakfasts. We have so many favorites.

We hate to miss 1900 Park Fare for supper. The Tremaine sisters are a major hoot. And Lady Tremaine is just like the movie - demanding, haughty. We have lots of favorite lines from visits with her. Cindy and the Prince are here too, but it's the Tremaines. The menu has recently changed, so I can't speak to anything. It's a buffet which used to have coq au vin, chicken marsala, and other ethnic Mediterranean dishes.

We hate to miss Flametree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. We like this for the combo chicken/ribs, which is enough for two adult light eaters to share with a child. I like the chicken and the cole slaw, while DH likes the ribs and baked beans - when he can get them away from the kid that's usually with us. The other big draw is our favorite seating area, which is the path right beside the restaurant, staying to the right until you get to the covered pavilion on the water, with a view of Everest.

Fine dining is something we don't do much. We usually have supper at Epcot, such as one of the Japan restaurants - liked Tokyo Dining on our last trip - or Marrakesh at Morocco which isn't fine dining really, except that usually the service has been good, attentive wait staff. Food has been uneven. I get the lemon chicken often which is heavenly when it's done well.

You would have no trouble walking up to Marrakesh, I think. 1900 Park Fare might need a reservation. Easily enough checked online.

Jan

disneynarula
09-30-2013, 11:20 AM
There are so many places that we love but these are the places I would choose if I could only have one table service and one counter service.

Table Service: Boma (We like it because the food is different for DH and I who are more adventerous eaters but they still have the basics for the kids) I love the salmon and all the different types of hummus.

Counter Service: Tangerine Cafe at Epcot (We are not big burgers and fries fans and we always look for something different for our meals.) We always get the Shwarma Platter and Baklava

Fine Dining: We haven't done it yet. I think there are enough quality places to choose from without having to spend the extra money