PDA

View Full Version : Trip report Sept.11th thru 21st

Tiggerlovr9000
09-23-2013, 07:39 AM
We spent time with family first few days then Sunday 15th first day using a 5 day pass to DL. It was my dh,dd,dbil,dsil and myself. I had been fighting a cough for two days. I didn't know if allergies or cold. They are remodeling the motel and very dusty. Anyway got to DCA at ten a.m. We rode tower of terror twice then onto chewchew train in bugs land. It was so cute but could only talk dd24 into one time. Next onto Carsland. We did single rider line for Radiator Springs racers. My car won. :number1: It was hot so time for lunch at Flo's. We had the roast beef, it was very good. After lunch we did journey under the sea. I was going very slow and started to feel to old for all the walking and the heat. We made it to the pier and I sat out while they road california screaming a couple times. Next fast passes for grizzly raft ride and single rider line to soaring. Between single rider lines and fast pass we didn't have to wait to long for rides. Next we went over to DL and road the train to adventure land and road splash mountain and pirates. Then back to the motel where I tried to sleep? Monday the guys left for their fishing trip. I called my doctor and picked up an antibiotic and inhaler. (That saved the trip) I had coughed so much that I knocked my bridge out. Still don't know what I had. Went back to bed and dsil and I met my dd in DL for lunch in tomorrow land. Hard to eat with broken bridge but learned real quick after a couple days when I felt better and got my appetite back. Lol We went on a couple rides, pirates, train but mainly just sat and people watched til park closed. Finally got twelve hours of sleep and felt like me again. I usually am not a big fan of disney food but we ate most of our meals in the parks and all of it was yummy. We tried the carnation cafe which was outstanding. I had the meatloaf and a lemon dessert in a mason jar. One day we had Walts chili with sour cream and tomatoes(exactly the way. I serve it at home). We also got to meet Oscar. What a lovely man. We also had two turkey legs on this trip. Yummy. the bread bowls with clam chowder were outstanding Having 5 days in the parks was great, I was able to check out a lot of things that I hadn't in our previous trips. Not one day was the same as the next. I don't know why people say one day parks. I just couldn't get it all in that fast. I got to see most of the shows but when we went to see Mickeys Magical Map, Pocahontas called in sick and her replacement was too pregnant to fit in the costume. Maybe next time. The night before we came home my dd and I spent the last few hours at downtown disney by ourselves having dinner and shopping. It was so special to have that time together. I was glad to find out after I felt better that I am not to old for DL. We only had one grouchy cm. Only other negative was that I was surprised to see construction where. We could see it, like in fantasyland on some rides. Even with the glitches we had amazing time and I can't wait to go back. Thanks for reading.

VWL Mom
09-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Sounds like a great trip overall. Glad you were able to shake off whatever it was and enjoy much of it. Thanks for the report :mickey:

tinkwest
09-23-2013, 10:38 AM
... They are remodeling the motel and very dusty. ...
Where did you stay? Hope it's not where I'm going soon. Need vacation time, not construction zone.

...then onto chewchew train in bugs land. It was so cute but could only talk dd24 into one time. ...
Ha!

... We tried the carnation cafe which was outstanding. I had the meatloaf and a lemon dessert in a mason jar. One day we had Walts chili with sour cream and tomatoes(exactly the way. I serve it at home). We also got to meet Oscar. What a lovely man. ...
I have eaten there quite a lot since they reopened and have enjoyed it more than ever (although I miss the chicken pot pies they used to have). It always makes me feel special when Oscar (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/oscar-martinez-celebrates-55-years-at-the-disneyland-resort/) comes to visit our table.

... Having 5 days in the parks was great, I was able to check out a lot of things that I hadn't in our previous trips. Not one day was the same as the next. I don't know why people say one day parks. I just couldn't get it all in that fast. ...
I agree. It's a shame that some visitors, in their rush to get from one attraction to another, miss the beauty of just being there.

... I was glad to find out after I felt better that I am not to old for DL. ...
Never!!

Thanks so much for sharing your time at the Parks. I'm glad you were able to feel better during the second half of your visit. Being sick is no fun. :ill:

bruin1344
09-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Luckily you booked enough time. I am glad you liked the food. I liked the counterservices but didnt care for the table services.

Tiggerlovr9000
09-23-2013, 03:45 PM
We stayed at Peacock Suites. It's the third time we have stayed there. Wyndam bought it so they are fixing it up.

tinkwest
09-23-2013, 04:09 PM
We stayed at Peacock Suites. It's the third time we have stayed there. Wyndam bought it so they are fixing it up.

Thanks for the reply.

Disney4us2
09-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Tracey,

Glad you all had a good time despite feeling ill. I wish we could have been there to meet up again. Maybe next time you can make it to WDW. We really miss Disneyland.