PDA

View Full Version : daughter is auditioning - any tips?

mousetrapper
09-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi all,

My daughter recently graduated from college with a degree in theatre and will be auditioning as a character look-alike. She and I will be taking a quick trip to WDW - weird that we'll only be there for two days!

Anyway, anyone with experience have any tips for her? Of course, IMHO, she's perfect for the job - gorgeous inside and out, loves Disney and loves children. Making magic for them in WDW would be a dream come true for her. :magic::

GAN
09-23-2013, 06:00 AM
Good luck to her -sounds exciting. Let's hope they don't select her as a mouse look-alike ...or worse, Goofy. That's what I'd worry about.

Maggie T
09-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Good luck, do not be late. We know a girl who was 5 min. late due to traffic and they dropped her before she got started.

mousetrapper
09-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks! And no, she's more of a Mary Poppins, Ariel, Aurora, Belle or Cinderella type. She could not pull off Goofy or Mickey. Not the right height. ;)

Arielfan98
09-23-2013, 07:34 PM
I personally don't have any experience, but if you look up videos of women who have been through the auditions they will tell you the process. Most of them have said they've tried out several times before getting the part.

paymerich
09-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Not to be mean or rude, she needs to prepare herself for over-enthusiastic adult men . The ones that think it ok and/or funny to grope and grab the female characters. Job hazard I guess.

Terra
09-24-2013, 02:08 PM
No advice but lots of luck!! Keep us update! :pixie:

mousetrapper
09-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Not to be mean or rude, she needs to prepare herself for over-enthusiastic adult men . The ones that think it ok and/or funny to grope and grab the female characters. Job hazard I guess.

Unfortunately, that's a hazard for women no matter what job we're in. I can tell you stories...what a world we live in...don't get me started! :(

I'll keep everyone updated! :mickey:

wildernesslady
09-24-2013, 09:10 PM
I understand its very competitive. She may need to audition a few times before being considered. Good luck and enjoy the experience.