PDA

View Full Version : Confession: Nightmare Before Christmas

LittleSpirit02
09-22-2013, 04:53 PM
So I have a confession to make. I haven't seen Nightmare Before Christmas since it was in theaters. I was really young at the time and don't really remember much about it. Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite times of the year and everything! Should I buy it as a Halloween present (lol) to myself? Is it all I think and hope it'll be? :P

SBETigg
09-22-2013, 04:56 PM
You should pick it up! My kids, now 22 and 20, love this one. I've never really been into it, but I'm in my forties and not a big fan of Halloween. I think you might be happy to have it.

Capt_redshirt
09-22-2013, 06:03 PM
If you have netflix i recommend watching it there before buying the DVD. Personally i would say yes but my opinion might be a tad biased

rkmemkc
09-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Not only is it a pretty good story/movie, the fact that it took 2 years to make moving little figures around and filming it .. it matches the attention to detail that brings us to this site. Watch it on Netflix and if you love it ... buy it. We watch it all the time...Me 45 and DD 10. :mickey:

brownie
09-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Sending this over to the Movies forum.

tinkwest
09-22-2013, 07:52 PM
DD & I love it. DH doesn't get our fascination with it.

For me, the music makes it. I think of it as a tiny little Halloween opera. I go around humming the tunes for days after watching it or, just the opposite sometimes, I have to drag it out and watch it because I find myself humming the tunes!

Christine
09-22-2013, 10:05 PM
I've never seen this film! Good advice to try it on netflix before purchase! I think I'll do that before our MNSSHP 10/6!

amorillo
10-07-2013, 03:05 PM
DD & I love it. DH doesn't get our fascination with it.

For me, the music makes it. I think of it as a tiny little Halloween opera. I go around humming the tunes for days after watching it or, just the opposite sometimes, I have to drag it out and watch it because I find myself humming the tunes!

An excellent way to put it! I love the soundtrack (which is on my phone so i can listen anytime) just as much as i love the movie! I love Halloween, probably more than any adult should. :D I've also dressed up as Sally for Halloween more times than I can count (including three times for MNSSHP)!!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
10-23-2013, 11:45 AM
I have to be the only person on the planet who doesn't like this movie. I find it too creepy. The effort that went into the stop animation and the music and even the story in general is all good, but I just don't like the visual. My six-year-old twins absolutely love it and watch it on Netflix a lot. Maybe it's my non-love for Tim Burton things--to me he ruined Batman--but I've tried several times and it's just not my cup of tea.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-24-2013, 10:28 AM
I have a bigger confession, I've never seen it:blush:

Some day.

princessimagineer
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
I watch it every year for both halloween and christmas (while eating themed oreos, of course). it is one of my favorite movies ever. I will admit though, it is extremely odd, but it is totally a cult classic.

usually around halloween and easter they also play it on Disney Channel, you can probably catch it there before you buy it as well.

GoldenAurora
11-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I have to be the only person on the planet who doesn't like this movie. I find it too creepy. The effort that went into the stop animation and the music and even the story in general is all good, but I just don't like the visual.

I've got to say, I agree with Brass. I watched NBC today on Netflix as I couldn't recall every really having seen it, and I just couldn't get into it. The soundtrack is good and bravo for the workmanship to create the stop motion animation, but I just find all the characters grotesque and disgusting. It's not even that I find it creepy, just revolting. But that's just my two cents, and I'm well aware I'm in the minority. :thumbsup: