PDA

View Full Version : Bevarages and picnic food at Roaring Forks

Crow
09-22-2013, 03:06 PM
we want to grab some items to have a picnic on the beach at WL. just wondering if anyone knows prices for beer, wine and if they have some salads or sandwiches or picnic food to grab. Im thinking it might be just as wise to grab some:marg::beer: from the pool bar.

VWL Mom
09-22-2013, 03:17 PM
They do have beer and wine but I think it's the same price as the bar. They have a few sandwiches and 2 salads that you can order and they will put a lid on it for you. Another idea would be to buy some items at The Merchantile. The beer and wine are slightly cheaper there, if you get a bottle of wine they will open it for you and recork it. The also have blocks of cheese, pepperoni slices, turkey and ham, crackers...so you could make a nice little picnic spread. You could pick up a plastic checkered tablecloth at the dollar store before you go and maybe some wine glasses as an added surprise for gf.

rkmemkc
09-22-2013, 06:36 PM
They do have beer and wine but I think it's the same price as the bar. They have a few sandwiches and 2 salads that you can order and they will put a lid on it for you. Another idea would be to buy some items at The Merchantile. The beer and wine are slightly cheaper there, if you get a bottle of wine they will open it for you and recork it. The also have blocks of cheese, pepperoni slices, turkey and ham, crackers...so you could make a nice little picnic spread. You could pick up a plastic checkered tablecloth at the dollar store before you go and maybe some wine glasses as an added surprise for gf.
Wow, this sounds like a must-do on our next trip!! ;) Thanks for sharing.

Crow
09-23-2013, 01:14 AM
good to know. thanks for the info

Mackflava99
09-24-2013, 02:10 PM
RF has very good salads- i have been pretty impressed withthe quality. their sandwiches are very good too- much better than most of the other counter services that i have been to.